Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers

Death wasn’t the end, it was only the beginning…

Sybella has always been the darkest of Death’s daughters, trained at the convent of Saint Mortain to serve as his justice. But she has a new mission now. In a desperate bid to keep her two youngest sisters safe from the family that nearly destroyed them all, she agrees to accompany the duchess to France, where they quickly find themselves surrounded by enemies. Their one ray of hope is Sybella’s fellow novitiates, disguised and hidden deep in the French court years ago by the convent—provided Sybella can find them.

Genevieve has been undercover for so many years, she struggles to remember who she is or what she’s supposed to be fighting for. Her only solace is a hidden prisoner who appears all but forgotten by his guards. When tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to take matters into her own hands—even if it means ignoring the long awaited orders from the convent.

As Sybella and Gen’s paths draw ever closer, the fate of everything they hold sacred rests on a knife’s edge. Will they find each other in time, or will their worlds collide, destroying everything they care about?







Reading this with my lovely friend, Tammie! Did I get to reread the first trilogy that I loved before this one? No! Do I care? No! 😃



So I wanted to smack Genevieve there at the end but I get to the last page and chills went down my spine!! Woot!!



I was so excited to read this book because I loved the first books and Sybella and Beast!! Of course now I need to do a reread but that’s neither here nor there.

Sybella is bad ass as well as Beast as well as all assassin girls!


He is a big man, thickset and heavy. Either it has not registered that I have just mortally wounded his two friends or he is stupid, so certain he has a killing blow that he moves slowly, like an executioner at a beheading.

In the time it takes for his sword to arc toward me, I retrieve the stiletto from my left sleeve. Ducking in low, I launch my entire body at him, aiming for his gullet.

The move brings me up against his chest, my blade sinking deeply into the hollow of his throat. For one crystalline moment, we are pressed together in an embrace, his sword flailing uselessly behind me. I twist the stiletto, shoving it in deeper.

**********************

Beast

His physical presence has all the sublety of a small mountain, and as he draws closer, the tattered remains of the lingering souls retreat. He slips his arm around my waist and pulls me close—the only man in the kingdom who could survive taking such a liberty with his throat intact.


I love them sooooo much!!

This book is told in the POV’s of Sybella and Genevieve. Where I was more interested in Sybella’s parts, I was interested in what was going on with Genevieve and the mysterious prisoner.

I did want to smack Genevieve at the end but that last page has me hoping for something awesome in the next book!! And I swear!! Sybella & Beast better not get hurt!!! 



Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾  


GOODREADS REVIEW 

AMAZON REVIEW 

No comments:

Post a Comment