Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, February 8, 2019

The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters


Seventeen-year-old Edgar Poe counts down the days until he can escape his foster family—the wealthy Allans of Richmond, Virginia. He hungers for his upcoming life as a student at the prestigious new university, almost as much as he longs to marry his beloved Elmira Royster. However, on the brink of his departure, all his plans go awry when a macabre Muse named Lenore appears to him. Muses are frightful creatures that lead Artists down a path of ruin and disgrace, and no respectable person could possibly understand or accept them. But Lenore steps out of the shadows with one request: “Let them see me!”






What a lovely tale...




Once upon a dark December, in a year we
must
remember,
Morbid mounds of ash and ember told a
gruesome tale of gore--




Wow, I think Cat Winters did a great job on this book!

I was reading through her author's notes, etc and she was telling how she went about finding out as much history as she could before writing this book. I think she made a remarkable book on fiction and fact to create a young Poe.

I loved reading about Lenore! The book is written in two POV's; Edgar and Lenore. I must say it's bloody brilliant. I loved the creepiness to the book and the way the author incorporated a muse for different people. It was so freaking gothic and awesome and like I said a bit creepy. If you accept what you have created then the creepiness goes away and you find that you have a friend for life.

That's all I'm going to say before I sit right here and type a spoiler before the book is even out yet. This is February and this fine book will be out in April; I'm putting it on my birthday book buying list for myself.


*Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for a complimentary copy of this book for review.*

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥  


GOODREADS REVIEW 

No comments:

Post a Comment