Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, February 15, 2016

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's not too pleased when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new friends, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken--and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's been waiting for?@goodreads 

MY REVIEW:

 
 3 STARS 



Hmmmm.... well..... I went back and forth from a 4 start to a 3 star and so forth and so on. And now I sit here trying to figure out what to say. The thing is, there were parts of the book that I just loved. But, there was something that just wasn't clicking with me and I still can't put my finger on it.

We have Anna that is sent off to Paris for her senior year. She doesn't want to be there, but her family didn't give her a choice. So, there she is enrolled in the American School in Paris (probably messed that all up)

 :

Anna gets a crush on St. Clair but he has a girlfriend and Anna has a crush on a guy back home in Atlanta. But, the guy in Atlanta is a douche and starts dating Anna's best friend. I think Anna's friend should have called and told her about it and they just moved on, but it seemed so many people were liking someone else and being with someone else and blah...

I liked Anna and St. Clair together, I think it would have been less complicated if he wasn't with someone else. I know in the real world people fall out of love, especially when your young, but if your feeling something for someone else you need to just end it with the other person. I have seen it so many times where people seem to want to hold on in case the other doesn't work out. Anyway, like I said, I loved Anna and St. Clair together, I think they were perfect for each other with all other things aside.

I loved when when they went out and saw the sights and went to the movies. I do wish they would have done more of this. I loved when they talked on the phone when they were apart and emailed each other. They were getting close without a bunch of jumping into sex and going from there.




I felt bad for St. Clair because of his family situation with his mom and his dad. He had a horrible father!

I would love to go to another country and find all of these little gems and jewels in the city and country. I think they should have done more of that! When they went into the bookstore, I would have went broke buying so many books! I would be a big fat walking heart attack from eating so much of the food in these places. So, when they went to a sights together I was happy.

I did enjoy the book and I may read some other books by this author. I wonder what ever happened to Anna and St. Clair after school. In the end, it all worked out for everyone, mostly.




la fin

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1326529718

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0142419400?keywords=anna%20and%20the%20french%20kiss&qid=1455584687&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been wanting to read this one for a while. It sounds super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it. I wish I loved it, but it's is cute :-) ♥

      Delete