Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Advice From My Book Bloggers & Blog Lovin' Friends






Hello my friends! I have some advice I would like to get from you guys today. Any help is appreciated and if I don't respond right away, I will, I just don't get on my blog unless I'm on my computer every couple of days or so. 

* I read so many books on Goodreads and I'm starting to get a lot of reading slumps. I have thought about doing shorter reviews and leaving the longer ones for books that I feel I have a lot more to talk about. 

* I also read a lot of graphic novels that I do write longer reviews for, but most are short. 

* I read a lot of different series and some of the book reviews are a little long and some are really short. 

QUESTIONS:


1) On the books I write shorter reviews on, would it be too terrible to combine them with some other book reviews and put them on one blog post? At this rate some are small and I'm just writing them on my Goodreads but not writing them on my blog. 

 2) Since I'm mostly writing shorter reviews on my graphic novels, in the case of a series, should I add maybe three of the books out of the series to my blog as one post. That way I can actually have them on here. 

3) And last, it's basically the same question. Should I do the same thing when I'm reading a series of regular novels but writing shorter posts. Maybe put three in one on my blog. I mean some books series I read are still ongoing up to 15 +.


 I think I have seen some bloggers on blog lovin' do that with different books. I think it would save a lot of time in the long run with the reviews that I want to write as short reviews if I add them with some other books, but it's nice to hear what other people think =) 

♥ Mel ♥ 



 

9 comments:

  1. For question one, there is this thing called 'mini reviews' lots of bloggers do them, I even do them. I think that could work for you. You can combine them with other mini reviews if you want or just post them by themselves. Whatever you want to do.

    Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie =) That sounds so much better than trying to think up larger reviews or not doing one at all!

      Delete
  2. I think writing lots of small reviews in one post is such a good idea :) I'd definitely prefer to read lots at once than one little one!

    Keep up the good work!

    Chloe @ https://girllgonerogue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never write a full review, to be honest. As other people have mentioned, quite a lot of bloggers do mini review posts now and I think they work well. Especially for things like comics which can be summed up must faster than a full novel. Basically, though, I think you should do what you feel comfortable with. Don't push yourself into blogging about everything you read if you don't really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! I'm feeling better now about putting up smaller reviews, etc. =)

      Delete
  4. Mel, I hear what you're saying. One thing I would suggest is to only write 3-4(at the most) in one post. This is only my opinion, of course, but when i read blog posts that have anymore than that I get bored and don't finish reading the whole thing. Like i said, this is my opinion and others may feel differently. But whatever you decide to do, remember enjoy yourself and we will enjoy the posts, because your whole self will shine through. When you love a book and are super excited to talk about it, it becomes contagious and we all want to read the book!! I look to you as an example of the kind of Book Blogger I want to become!! Keep up the great blogging my friend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my wonderful friend. It makes sense what you said about not putting up too many on one post =)

      Delete
  5. Thank you guys for all of your help! I feel better about my blogs now and what to do with them ❤️

    ReplyDelete