Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon

Jamie Fraser, erstwhile Jacobite and reluctant rebel, knows three things about the American rebellion: the Americans will win, unlikely as that seems in 1778; being on the winning side is no guarantee of survival; and he’d rather die than face his illegitimate son — a young lieutenant in the British Army — across the barrel of a gun. Fraser’s time-travelling wife, Claire, also knows a couple of things: that the Americans will win, but that the ultimate price of victory is a mystery. What she does believe is that the price won’t include Jamie’s life or happiness — not if she has anything to say.

Claire’s grown daughter Brianna, and her husband, Roger, watch the unfolding of Brianna’s parents’ history — a past that may be sneaking up behind their own family. @goodreads 












Bloody hell, I'm freaking tired!





So here's the deal. Most of my friends here on Goodreads know that I have been listening to these cd's from the library. Well, I just happened to check the status of their return because I should have had one more month for them to be renewed. Noooooooooooooooooo, on this book someone placed a hold and it's due soon so luckily I started listening to it a few days ago, but now I'm freaking tired because I have had to listen almost non stop while reading another book. Not much sleep. I do not like to listen to audio books for that long even if I LOVE the narrator!

Anyhoo, I'm done and I can take my time with the next audio =)

I didn't like this book as much as the other ones and it didn't even make my favorites list!

I don't like that the family is all broken up and in different places and of course Bree, Roger and the kids are back in the real time world. I must have missed the explanation at the beginning because Bree and Roger are able to read letters from Claire and Jamie. I don't get it and I'm not going to look for it. Oh, there was a book though that was written by Jamie, gave me a little tear in my eye when Roger read it.



Grandfather Tales, the book was titled, with the subtitle, "Stories from the Highlands of Scotland and the Backcountry of the Carolinas," by James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser. Again, printed by A. Bell, Edinburgh, in the same year. The dedication said simply, For my grandchildren.

Claire's portrait had made him laugh; this one moved him almost to tears, and he closed the book gently.


That was Roger that read that and he had seen a picture of Claire.

Bree and Roger live in Lallybroch. I reckon they fixed it up all nice. It just breaks my heart.

William (Jamie's son) is in the book more, what with him in the war and all.

Jamie and Claire go back to Scotland after awhile and we get to meet up with some of the old characters, Jenny, Ian and the kids, who are grown up. And there is a death. And of course, on their way back to Scotland they get attacked by pirates and such again. Just stay off the freaking waters!

Fergus and the gang are in the book a little bit.

But, there is some crap that goes down at the end that I hated! It makes me sick and I want to drop kick Lord John Grey!!! Just grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm hoping the next book is better than this one and I can get back to loving them or I'm going to kick something! I'm not listening to it right away though because, uh, I'm done listening for a little while after this one! I need a break! 





GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2013808177

1 comment:

  1. Outlander as a story in series I plan to enjoy for a long time. I can put it down for a while but then I miss the characters and their lives. An Echo in The Bone is MOST interesting to me. The American Revolution is at full speed and ,well, pirates are more fun than vampires(I took in Twilight but not a subject I care to discuss. I read it for my daughter)I find I must have both audio cd and a book to keep up. The reader Davina Porter is marvelous...what a talent. I listen during the day, it helps with house work and studio work; later review the text just before bed.

    ReplyDelete