Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

HER PERFECT LIFE
IS A PERFECT LIE.


As a teenager at the prestigious Bradley School, Ani FaNelli endured a shocking, public humiliation that left her desperate to reinvent herself. Now, with a glamorous job, expensive wardrobe, and handsome blue blood fiancé, she’s this close to living the perfect life she’s worked so hard to achieve.

But Ani has a secret.

There’s something else buried in her past that still haunts her, something private and painful that threatens to bubble to the surface and destroy everything.

With a singular voice and twists you won’t see coming, Luckiest Girl Alive explores the unbearable pressure that so many women feel to “have it all” and introduces a heroine whose sharp edges and cutthroat ambition have been protecting a scandalous truth, and a heart that's bigger than it first appears.

The question remains: will breaking her silence destroy all that she has worked for—or, will it at long last, set Ani free?
@goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1268764872                3 STARS 

 I really don't know what to say about this book.

I guess I might have to add a few *mild spoilers*.

I wasn't too interested in anything going on in Ani's current time in the book with her upcoming marriage etc. I was interested in some of the things that happened with her encounter with Dean after all of those years and with Mr. Larson.

I was more interested in her childhood and all of the crap she had to go through. Not just Ani, but other kids that caused them to start killing people.

There is still senseless bullying, suicides, mass killings and rapes going on and it seems the world is trying to help a little, I guess that would be a lot compared to my days, but still, these things keep going on and on.

It's really hard to say too much in my opinion without going into some really hardcore spoilers so I'm just not. I basically gave you the 411 above in the mild spoilers.

I enjoy reading books about these kinds of things, mental illness, etc.(even though that sounds morbid), that's not what I'm talking about. I just like to read if it opens someone's eyes to problems going on in the world and things like that. But this book just didn't do it for me. I felt like Ani's character was beyond clueless and her family sucked. They for sure were not on her side. I know in real life a lot of people are like Ani or like Ben that keep things to themselves or just go right off the rails. I can understand in all of those situations. But.... I just wasn't feeling this book. I thought it was okay and lets just leave it at that, we all have our opinions :)

I did love the cover however! 




No comments:

Post a Comment