Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, September 4, 2015

The Girl In The Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz


In this adrenaline-charged thriller, genius-hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist face a dangerous new threat and must again join forces.

Late one night, Blomkvist receives a phone call from a trusted source claiming to have information vital to the United States. The source has been in contact with a young female super hacker—a hacker resembling someone Blomkvist knows all too well. The implications are staggering.

Blomkvist, in desperate need of a scoop for Millennium, turns to Lisbeth for help. She, as usual, has her own agenda. In The Girl in the Spider's Web, the duo who thrilled 80 million readers in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest meet again in an extraordinary and uniquely of-the-moment thriller. @goodreads




MY REVIEW:


5 STARS





 I thought this book was wonderful! I have missed Lisbeth and Blomkvist for so long. I think the new author did a great job carrying on Stieg Larsson's series.

Lisbeth is one of the coolest women out there. I love her character, I love how smart she is, oh if I could be as smart as her. I do hate her past, but I am glad that she is a character that was written to rise above all of the horrible things that happened to her.

In this new book there is another scandal of sorts going on within a huge community of people. A lot of things going on in the hacker community, people stealing other people's work, killings, blackmail, a little boy with Autism, evilness and goodness. And of course Lisbeth is right in the middle of it all and she does her job as hard core as she always does.

In the beginning of the book the author does have Blomkvist thinking back on things that happened in the other three books, nothing real extensive but I thought it was a nice little add to the book.

I was very much intrigued and on the edge of my seat between the interactions with the little boy (August) and Lisbeth. She was so good with him and she did things that needed to be done and in her own wonderful way. I wanted to get up and cheer her on! I can't really say anything because there is no way I'm giving out any kind of spoiler for this book!

The ending was good and set up to possibly have more books, I hope there will be.

I personally loved the book, as I have mentioned. I know there are people that hate it or love it because it is Stieg's original characters. But for myself.. I think the family did a good job in choosing this man to start a continuation of what is a wonderful character. 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1355257132


AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385354282?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

No comments:

Post a Comment