Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Amber & Blue by K.R. Rowe

Alex was just an adventurous kid when he saved a young girl's life. Years later, sudden bouts of recurring nightmares drove him to find her, only to have her ripped from his life by a lunatic. The one time he needed help, he was forced to call on a criminal. Stolen from the banks of the Tennessee River, she was swept to the war torn streets of Old Montréal. Was his love strong enough to protect her once more? Not from the grip of the madman who took her, but from the arms of the criminal who saved her.@goodreads

 MY REVIEW:

4 STARS


OKAY BEFORE I START THE ACTUAL REVIEW I HAVE TO SAY I AM SO THRILLED I FOUND THIS BOOK WHEN I WAS DOING MY WEEKLY CHALLENGE - FIND A BOOK IN YOUR HOMETOWN, AND THOUGH I WASN'T BORN IN CHATTANOOGA, I WAS BORN NOT FAR AWAY.

The author lists so many places in Chattanooga that I was so thrilled to read, and the author lives here too :) She mentioned Lookout Mtn, Missionary Ridge, Ooltewah (where my library is) Signal Mtn, Knoxville (where some of my family live, I was born not far from there), Etowah (where my best friend lives) and Chickamauga Battlefield, GA (20 mins from my house where I went hiking with my dog).

So here are a couple of pictures of Chattanooga that I found.


 :

and

 :

Chickamauga Battlefield

 :

ME & DAKOTA, WELL I'M ON THE OTHER END OF THE LEASH:)

 :

Okay now that I have all of that out of my system, on with the book review:)

 :

This book started with Grace being a young child playing out in a field. She hears a noise and sees a boar coming at her..she falls..but is not attacked.. she looks up and sees a handsome boy with beautiful blue eyes with a bow and arrow. He saved Grace's life and she never found out who he was until years later when she was a teenager.

Alex is a guard for Atticus who happens to be Grace's father. Alex has been in love with Grace since she was little. Unfortunately, Grace she is to be wed to the horrific Sebastian. Grace's father set it up between Sebastian's father. They are to merge companies, but come to find out, Sebastian's father is broke and lying and Sebastian is not what he seems.

Meanwhile... in Canada.. there are some things going on.. Quebec has been breaking away and there is what's called Canadian Lawlessness. There are bad people from Canada that come down to steal things and ransom people and they decided to hit the South this time.

Back in Chattanooga, Grace has been left at the dance by the stupid Sebastian and is sitting outside on the curb in the dark when Alex comes to her rescue. He comforts her and calls her a cab. Grace starts to put two and two together and remembers Alex from her childhood, she has been looking for him ever since.

Grace and her friend Lydia end up getting kidnapped by the Canadians. One is a guy named Lucien that is nice to her and the other is a freak and I forgot his name but he doesn't matter, it starts with an A and that could stand for something else :)

Alex and his friend Matt, who is always a guard, manage to get the girls back. But.....the old psycho guy wants to get his revenge and ends up kidnapping Grace again on her wedding day to Alex.. yeah.. the "to marry Sebastian thing" didn't go over to0 well :) Anyhoo, that jerk beats her so bad that she has amnesia! Lucien, the nice one from Canada saves her and contacts Alex and her family to let them know he will get her there as soon as it's safe. Then of course he falls in love with her and she feel like she loves him because she can't remember anything else..blah

It's hard to watch Alex go through all of these emotions trying to win Grace back but in the end it all works out. Not so much for other people, they get killed or kill themselves. Oh did I mention someone in the book is a serial killer? There is a lot of things going on that I didn't tell you all about so you can read the book and see.

So it ended on a happy note, but who knows what's in store in the next book! More killings I can image! 







GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1429423970

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Amber-Blue-K-R-Rowe-ebook/dp/B009LUCHXS/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=I6I13EW15O2H2&colid=DTJ9A29MCHWB&qid=&sr=











No comments:

Post a Comment