Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, November 2, 2015

Rise of the Fallen by Donya Lynne

In the streets of Chicago exists an uneasy, centuries-old truce between vampires and their distant cousins, a race of shifters called drecks. Vampire enforcement agency, All the King’s Men (AKM), is charged with maintaining the truce, but when volatile enforcer Micah Black loses his mate and falls into the biological agony that results from the broken bond, he tests the boundaries of the truce by seeking out Apostle, a leader in the dreck community. Micah wants Apostle to kill him, a request Apostle is more than happy to fulfill.

When ex-Army medic Samantha Garrett inadvertently disrupts the plot and saves Micah’s life, a chain reaction sets Micah’s heart on a collision course with Sam’s, but he will have to protect her from Apostle and her obsessive ex-husband, Steve, if they will have a chance at forever. Can Micah hold his emotions together to keep Sam alive? @goodreads


MY REVIEW:
3 STARS



Well.... I love the cover of the book! I love Micah, although he was getting on my nerves for the first part of the book. I mean the things he was going through to try to get over his heartache seemed to go on forever. And since I'm not a vampire with those kinds of feelings..yes..he has feelings... I can't say for sure how I would feel. But it was on and on too much for me... something about it I can't put my finger on. You should really watch how you use your sentences in this book.




Or maybe it was just me wanting him to get on with being hot :)

 :

I'm confused on how I really want to rate this, I'm glad Micah found his life mate in Samantha so quickly, seeing that what he thought was a bonded mate may have been meant for Sam in the first place. Long story, read the book! It's free right now :)

There are a good bit of characters in the book that work for the agency Micah works for, AKM (All The Kings Men). They are enforcers and some of them do stuff on the side to secretly keep the Drecks in line or kill them. Drecks are shapeshifters and are some mean peeps. The man one named Apostle is a cop of course so he can get away with a lot. He and Micah have a little war going on but it's taken care of my Trace :)

I really liked Trace in this book. He is part of AKM and he's a day walker unlike Micah. But he is something else too. He keeps talking about being a guardian angel and he has powers.. I might have missed something, but either way he's cool.

There were a few things here and there that I liked about the book, but there were too many with Sam and Micah doing the nasty so often about 30 minutes after they meet and most of the rest of the book.. there is not much room for anything else. And I'm not saying there is anything wrong with erotic books, I didn't know this was one, but when it's on and on and on.. and on.. I just get bored. Sorry :-/ And some things were just gross!

But if you want a good book to take to your private place then this is a good one :)

 :

 :

 :

YES.. I SAID IT.. WHAT DO YOU WANT.. WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH HERE! :) LOL

Anyhoo, so that's about it, I wanted to love this book, but all the lovin' without more stuff going on just wore me out.. um.. don't go there! But I will give it 3 stars because Trace as so cool and Micah being so hot when he was just being hot! :)

Fin! 


GOODREADS LINK:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1429396702

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fallen-All-Kings-Book-ebook/dp/B007OALZAI/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446500066&sr=1-1&keywords=rise+of+the+fallen+in+books



No comments:

Post a Comment