Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

Night time is the right time...

Gwendolyn Kidd has met the man of her dreams. He's hot, he's sexy, and what started as a no-names-exchanged night of passion has blossomed into a year and a half-long pleasure fest. Sure, it's a little strange that he only appears in her bed at night, but Gwen is so sure he's the one, she just can't turn him away...

Hawk Delgado knows more about Gwen than she could ever imagine. She's gorgeous, headstrong, and skittish about relationships. But Hawk is facing his own demons, demons that keep him from connecting with anyone. Yet when Gwen is drawn into Denver's lethal underground scene, Hawk's protective nature comes out full force. The problem is, when Gwen gets a dose of Hawk's Alpha attitude in the daylight, she's not so sure he's the one anymore....@goodreads


 MY REVIEW:
4 STARS



I would like to thank my crazy GR girls for getting me stuck into another series. Jess & Robin! *Cough* LOL

There are some things about his book that bothered me, but it happens right? I won't go into all that mumbo-jumbo!

Gwen is like a magnet for hot men, every time she turned around, there is a hot man standing there, bikers, cops, ex-military, stealth mode, vampire bats.. no just kidding on the last one :)

Seriously... I think I would have a heart attack if all these men were coming at me at once..erm..yeah..

 :

 :

 :

 :

Now that the lovely pictures of lovely men are over with.. lets move on with some of the story. :)

I liked Gwen's character, she's funny as hell. And she has a sister named Ginger who is nothing but bad trouble. Of course, Gwen gets pulled right into the middle of it and in the arms of all kinds of hot men.. remember those :)

Anyhoo, I think Gwen's attitude is what made the book, she was just so funny. I mean you can add the hot men in anywhere right :)


•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ginger Penelope Kidd.

I looked up at Dog and demanded to know, "Why me? Why? Just innocently being born seven years later, zap! God curses me with the sister from hell. Is it too much to ask for a sister who giggles with you and trades makeup secrets? Is it too much to ask for a sister who finds a great sale, calls you immediately but peruses the racks to stash great deals she knows would look hot on you, so you'll get a shot at them before anyone else nabs them? Is it too much to ask for a sister who'll come over and watch the new Hawaii Five-O with you so you can both perv on Steve McGarrett and wish you had a Camaro? Is it?" I ended on a shout.

"Gwen, babe think you should calm down," Dog muttered, and I could swear I could read his face that he was wondering if he should knock me out for my own good.

"Calm?" I yelled. "Calm?" I yelled again. "She owes you guys over two million dollars. She cut the hair off my Barbies. She stole the lavalier my grandmother gave me on her deathbed and pawned it to buy pot. She got drunk and stuck her hand down my boyfriend's pants at Thanksgiving dinner. He was straightlaced, went to church and, after Ginger's antics...the hand down the pants was only the culmination, he caught her snorting coke in the bathroom too..he thought my family was insane, possibly criminally insane, he broke up with me a week later. He might have been straightlaced and, looking back, probably boring but at the time I liked him!" Now I was shrieking. "He was my boyfriend!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gwen has this thing with a mystery man she didn't even know the name of for over a year. I'm not going to talk about their thing.. it was just a thing.. Until finally when all of the stuff with Ginger started going down he actually became a real part of her life. He calls himself Hawk. He's hot of course and he's bossy as crap!

There are all kind of things going down with people trying to kill Gwen. Her house gets bombed, parents house gets bombed, drive by shootings, just on and on. Hawk and all of the hot guys promise to protect her. Hmmmmm.. don't know what she's wearing but I want some, not for the threats on my life, for the hot guys :) LOL

Gwen's parents love Hawk, but he's not too much into the commitment thing and he has his reasons, but it all turns out just right in the end. I loved the end!

There are also some cool side characters in the story as well, I think my favorite is Elvira :)

So if you ladies are into hot guys and all kinds of craziness going on then this is the book for you. Just know that some things you wouldn't go for in real life, but this is fantasy.. and I'm not just talking about the sex stuff... gutter people! :) 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1256952022

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

 http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Man-Dream-Kristen-Ashley/dp/1455599182/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51BpdWWHtDL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR99%2C160_&refRID=0RG69D7T97B88A2KD020


2 comments: