Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

When Sybella arrived at the doorstep of St Mortain half mad with grief and despair the convent were only too happy to offer her refuge - but at a price. The sisters of this convent serve Death, and with Sybella naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, she could become one of their most dangerous weapons.

But her assassin's skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to the life that nearly drove her mad. Her father's rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother's love is equally monstrous. But when Sybella discovers an unexpected ally she discovers that a daughter of Death may find something other than vengeance to live for... @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 



 :

I FREAKING HATE COUNT D'ALBRET!

 :

I FREAKING HATE COUNT D'ALBRET!

YES, I HAD TO SAY IT TWICE! HE IS BEYOND EVIL!!!!!!!!!

So, Sybella is sent back to her evil father, d'Albret after spending 4 years at the convent of St. Mortain. The lovely and evil abbess thought it would be ideal to send her back to this hell and try to take him out if he bore the marque and some other stuff.

Gotta be watchin them nuns!




Sybella is trying to play her part the best she can, but she just wants to kill her father and be out of there. She worries every day about all of the innocent people being killed and when is the marque going to show up on him!

 :

 :

After reading so much evil this man does, I want him dead, brought back to life and killed again. Rinse and repeat!

Here is a little glimpse of the evil bastard!


Once, when I was ten years old, d'Albret became so enraged at his favorite hunting hound for not bringing down a twelve-point stag that he shot the creature with his hunting bow. After a brief yelp of pain, the loyal beast began dragging himself toward d'Albret, the arrow embedded in his hindquarters, whining softly in his throat and begging forgiveness. D'Albret finally relented and delivered a second shot that put him out of his misery

Sorry son of a bitch..sohoihgiaodhgisoghsiodhfiosdhfsiodhgsiohgaiosdghsaogh!!!!!!

 :

THAT MAN NEEDS TO SUFFER!

Moving on..

Sybella decides she wants to free one of the prisoners that she feels is in the towers somewhere. He is a beast of a man, he is actually called Beast of Waroch. He's huge and fierce and took on a whole ton of men on his own. He is really cool and I just love him. They escape, Sybella goes with them to be reunited with Ismae and all of of the other good peeps. They meet some really cool people on the way. They were called charbonneries, I think I got that right, they were pretty fierce and living wild.

It's really sweet because Sybella and Beast find love together in this horrific place.


 :

Sybella starts to remember something really, really terrible that happened to her at the hands of her father and she shares it with Beast. See if you don't want to tear him into little piece some more after reading this!

"In that moment, I saw what he meant to do. I struggled to get out of bed. 'Stop him!' I cried, but of course, none of the servants would dare cross him ." I look up into Beast's stricken face. "Only Alyse. She was the only one who moved to save my baby. She threw herself at him, trying to grab the baby from his hands, but he struck her, knocking her to the ground, where she hit her head on the leg of the heavy wooden chair. I did not know until days later that she had died from the blow. "Then he put his thick fingers around my baby's frail neck and broke it. When he was done, he tossed the baby to the floor, and left the room."

Want some dismemberment of this jerk now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alyse was Beast's sister btw.



That someday would have come sooner than later!

So the ending seemed good, but I'm not sure.. I was oh yes.. then hmmmm.. I don't think so..



And I'm really hoping I'm wrong, BUT.. I would rather have a more horrific ending than what I am thinking happened. Read it and see what I mean! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1436331261

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Triumph-Fair-Assassin-Trilogy/dp/0547628382/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a really crazy and interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to know you loved the sequel too! Hope the final book in the series blows you out of the water too ;)

    ReplyDelete