Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, August 6, 2016

A Gathering Of Shadows by V.E. Schwab

It has been four months since a mysterious obsidian stone fell into Kell's possession. Four months since his path crossed with Delilah Bard. Four months since Prince Rhy was wounded, and since the nefarious Dane twins of White London fell, and four months since the stone was cast with Holland's dying body through the rift – back into Black London.

Now, restless after having given up his smuggling habit, Kell is visited by dreams of ominous magical events, waking only to think of Lila, who disappeared from the docks as she always meant to do. As Red London finalizes preparations for the Element Games – an extravagant international competition of magic meant to entertain and keep healthy the ties between neighboring countries – a certain pirate ship draws closer, carrying old friends back into port.

And while Red London is caught up in the pageantry and thrills of the Games, another London is coming back to life. After all, a shadow that was gone in the night will reappear in the morning. But the balance of magic is ever perilous, and for one city to flourish, another London must fall. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 






I got to read more of the bad arsed, Lila Bard and Kell and Rhy! Yay!

I loved the beginning of this book with Lila. People for me, this was the best part of the book with what all Lila did to that crew! Holy crow!


I am Delilah Bard, she though as the ropes cut into her skin. I am a thief and a pirate and a traveler. I have set foot in three different worlds, and lived. I have shed the blood of royals and held magic in my hands. And a ship full of men cannot do what I can, I don't need any of you. I am one of a damned kind.

I also fell in love with Lila's captain aboard the Night Spire - Captain Aluccard Emery. He's so awesome! He is a little bit of this and a little bit of that and a whole lot of coolness =)

Not a whole lot goes on in the book after the fun stuff in the beginning. I feel it's just another set up for more things to come in the next book.

At some point though, magic welders come together in The Element Games called Essen Tasch. Some people I didn't expect were in these games and against each other. It was pretty damn cool!

I loved reading about Kell and Rhy together again. They are so funny and caring. They are so close in everything they do and it was so wonderful to see them fighting for each other. To read the things that only love for someone you consider your brother can bring to your heart. Rhy wants Kell to compete in the games but Kell doesn't want to for certain reasons.


"Kell. My greatest fear in life isn't dying. It's being the source of someone else's suffering. I know you feel trapped. I know I'm your cage. And I can't---" His voice broke, and Kell could feel his brother's pain, everything he tried to smother until dark and drown until morning. "You will do this, " said Rhy. "For me. For both of us."
Kell held his brother's gaze. "All right,"he said.


And Lila and Kell get to see each other again. And Rhy too, the whole gang. It was so great! And then . . . that ending!



Something Wicked This Way Comes

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1712921573

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Shadows-Novel-Shades-Magic/dp/0765376474/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470532212&sr=8-2&keywords=a+gathering+of+shadows

2 comments:

  1. I’m glad you liked this one. I loved the first book and can’t wait to read the second!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I hope you love this one too! I can't wait for the third one next year. Uggg!

      Delete