Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, August 14, 2016

End of Watch by Stephen King

Brady Hartsfield, perpetrator of the Mercedes Massacre, where eight people were killed and many more were badly injured, has been in the Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic for five years, in a vegetative state. According to his doctors, anything approaching a complete recovery is unlikely. But behind the drool and stare, Brady is awake, and in possession of deadly new powers that allow him to wreak unimaginable havoc without ever leaving his hospital room.

Retired police detective Bill Hodges, the unlikely hero of Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, now runs an investigation agency with his partner, Holly Gibney, who delivered the blow to Hartsfield's head that put him on the brain injury ward. Brady also remembers that. When Bill and Holly are called to a murder-suicide with ties to the Mercedes Massacre, they find themselves pulled into their most dangerous case yet, one that will put not only their lives at risk, but those of Hodges’s friend Jerome Robinson and his teenage sister, Barbara. Because Brady Hartsfield is back, and planning revenge not just on Bill Hodges and his friends, but on an entire city.

In End of Watch, Stephen King brings the Hodges trilogy to a sublimely terrifying conclusion, combining the detective fiction of Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers with the supernatural suspense that has been his trademark. The result is an unnerving look at human vulnerability and up-all-night entertainment.@goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 
4 STARS 



Well, we have come to the end of the road, or the "End of Watch." I enjoyed this trilogy and love all of the books but I loved different books in the trilogy for different reasons. The first because - HELLO - some maniac has done went whack a do and ran over a bunch of people in a Mercedes. The second book I liked because of the connections to people in the first book. And we come to the last book . . . I actually thought is was sad at the end, but for once -->I DID NOT CRY! Anyway, I thought it was a really cool and creepy addition to the madness that is Brady Hartsfield (Mr. Mercedes) And now I know what all of the fish on the cover of the book meant, especially little pink!
 :

I mean this jerk has went to some crazy ways to kill people but this last one took the cake! He is beyond crazy in the membrane and I'm sure glad he's not real. . . or is he? We don't know! But his ending is so wonderful =)

In all of the books there were parts that were annoying. You know those parts where someone is right there but your too busy doing something stupid to notice them? I mean if there was some freak out there killing people, I would be watching every little thing. But nooooooo..

I still can't believe the trilogy is finished. I feel like I was stuck in this crazy little world for some time. I still loved Holly and Jerome so much in these books. They were smart and just so cool. I don't think ole Bill would have pulled anything off if it wasn't for their help. But I'm going to leave it at that or I will accidentally on purpose give out a spoiler!!!!!


Also a big shout-out to Mr. King for adding this in his Author's Note at the back of the book:

One last thing. End of Watch is fiction, but the high rate of suicides--both in the United States and in many other countries where my books are read--is all too real. The National Suicide Prevention Hotline number given in this book is also real. It's 1-800-273-TALK. If you are feeling poopy (as Holly Gibney would say), give them all call. Because things can get better, and if you give them a chance, they usually do.

Stephen King


Cheers to you Mr. King!



I just might take you up on that offer ♥

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1722972088

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/End-Watch-Novel-Hodges-Trilogy/dp/1501129740/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471183913&sr=1-1&keywords=end+of+watch+in+books

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review! I can't wait to read this one. I just ordered it. :D :D

    ReplyDelete