Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

FLAMECASTER by Cinda Williams Chima

A burning vengeance.

Adrian sul’Han, known as Ash, is a trained healer with a powerful gift of magic—and a thirst for revenge. The son of the queen of the Fells, Ash is forced into hiding after a series of murders throws the queendom into chaos. Now Ash is closer than he’s ever been to killing the man responsible, the cruel king of Arden. As a healer, can Ash use his powers not to save a life but to take it?

A blood-based curse.

Abandoned at birth, Jenna Bandelow was told the mysterious magemark on the back of her neck would make her a target. But when the King’s Guard launches a relentless search for a girl with a mark like hers, Jenna assumes that it has more to do with her role as a saboteur than any birth-based curse. Though Jenna doesn’t know why she’s being hunted, she knows that she can’t get caught.

Destiny’s fiery hand.

Eventually, Ash’s and Jenna’s paths will collide in Arden. Thrown together by chance and joined by their hatred of the king, they will come to rescue each other in ways they cannot yet imagine.

Set in the world of the acclaimed Seven Realms series a generation later, this is a thrilling story of dark magic, chilling threats, and two unforgettable characters walking a knife-sharp line between life and death.@goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

 
5 STARS 

Cinda Williams Chima just broke my heart!



I didn't much read the blurb to the book and I skimmed reviews so I never really knew what was going to happen in this book. I just knew that Chima wrote it and I wanted it so I got it. I thought that the Seven Realms series was over and I was happy and then they weren't (in a sense) and the beginning of this book destroyed me =( ***MILD SPOILERS***



And at first I blamed the person that blamed them self in the book for what happened. But I knew I just had to read the book and not think about the beginning.

Also, there are people out there that think book readers are crazy to get so invested in their books. I have to say that people like us, the bookaholics, book geeks, book nerds, book dragons, worms - whatever you want to call us - have a great passion for the world of books and there is not a thing wrong with being invested in anything that you love. The only harm that comes from this is maybe, too much crying, too much yelling, not enough sleep. Now let us begin!

Adrian (Ash) sul'Han is a healer and he goes off to the school his mom and dad went to so he can learn more. Then after some time someone is trying to kill him so that doesn't work out. Ash meets a girl named Lila Barrowhill that saves his life and tries to get him back home to his mom and sister. But, he doesn't want to go THERE, he wants to kill the king. That rat b•••••d who destroys lives and everything in it! I wanted to see him burn. <--- Hehe, I just, nevermind.

So Ash ends up in the stables of the good ole King arsehat, I mean, King Montaigne, where he helps the animals and finally makes his way into the palace. And of course he meets Lila there because she is Lila and she is good and OMG she is connected to the old books. Anyhoo . . .

We get to meet Jenna Bandelow in the beginning of the book too. That part made me mad too. I just loathed that King through-out the whole book. I mean, loathed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna has a mage mark on the back of her neck and all of the sudden some Empress Celestine across the way wants her. This puts old King Montaigne on her trail because she must be worth something if the Empress wants her. The twat puts her in the dungeon and things are found out, slowly but surely. I mean Jenna didn't know much of anything about her past, only that she was adopted and her parents didn't know much either. OH, but she is so much more and when I found out I got me some chills! Lord have mercy, I can't wait to read more about her and Flamecaster =)

I was so happy at the ending of this book. I did a little couch dance and I laughed and cried. It's so freaking amazing!




There is some love in the book but it doesn't really have time to manifest, but I just thought I would mention it.

 :

I can only hope there are good things on the horizon for this little group I have grown to love. And the new edition as well! ♥


But we all know how Chima likes to break our hearts so I should probably start hating everyone and everything right now!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1377659197

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Flamecaster-Shattered-Realms-Cinda-Williams/dp/006238094X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472057473&sr=1-1&keywords=flamecaster+in+books

No comments:

Post a Comment