Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

In Crank, Ellen Hopkins chronicles the turbulent and often disturbing relationship between Kristina, a character based on her own daughter, and the "monster," the highly addictive drug crystal meth, or "crank." Kristina is introduced to the drug while visiting her largely absent and ne'er-do-well father. While under the influence of the monster, Kristina discovers her sexy alter-ego, Bree: "there is no perfect daughter, / no gifted high school junior, / no Kristina Georgia Snow. / There is only Bree." Bree will do all the things good girl Kristina won't, including attracting the attention of dangerous boys who can provide her with a steady flow of crank. @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1361490644                5 Stars

OMG! I am in love with this book. It's so very sad. I just don't really have words for it. I opened it today, didn't even put it on my currently reading list as I couldn't put it down.

Kristina sinks into a world of drugs.. crank... all kinds... she gets hurt... I would like to take a hot iron poker to the one that hurts her....

When Kristina goes into her world of drugs she calls herself Bree... Bree is cool.. or so she thinks.

Did it all start because she goes to see her father? Her father is a druggie as well. There she meets a boy that turns her on to coke and they say they are in love.. it's just the drugs talking.

She goes home.. to her perfect family.. brother.... sister... mom who is so many things I can't even say... a step-dad who seems nice.

Kristina/Bree spirals even more.. so far down. Being inside of her head and thoughts are so sad. She falls in love with two more boys.. one nice.. one not so nice.

The outcome of the whole book is sad and sweet at the same time. Makes me sad. Sad for so many out there that face life in the wrong ways, or it faces them in the wrong ways. I was one of them, but in a different way.

This is a trilogy and I'm anxious to read the other books and I'm scared at what will happen. I hope something nice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment