Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Cellar: A Post-Apocalyptic Novella by Richard Dela Cruz

A hundred years after The Event, the earth has become a vast, barren wasteland. In this dying world, seventeen-year-old Daren is the sole hunter for his village. But food is scarce, and it’s only a matter of time before they all die of hunger or worse…until he discovers a can of beans, new and pristine, as if fresh from a factory. Where did it come from? And will he discover its source in time to save his people? @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1378246731              4 STARS

 Well this little novella threw me for a loop. It was so freaking good. I'm not sure I get what was going on at the end. I have it in my mind with little hints through out the book, but I need someone to tell me. Hmmmm, maybe I will find the author and get the 411 :)

So you have Darren as the main character. He is part of one of the villages that are made up for people to try to stay safe in, they had to build large walls and such to keep raiders out. Although, this didn't always happen, but they held their own most of the time.

Darren's mom is like the leader of their village and she's bad to the bone. Her name is Arianna. They have a few people in their village, unfortunately some were killed and they die from starvation, that sort of thing. There is Logan who watches the wall at night and Murphy who is only in his 50's but considered a very old man in this day and age.

Darren is the only hunter left in his village, the others were killed by raiders. He's worried how he is going to keep these people fed. They are like walking skeletons!

The back story is that there was an Event and the Unseen One smashed the earth with his fist to punish the sins of our ancestors. There is also a story about the Angel of Death coming for you.

And.... some of the peeps start seeing what they believe is the Angel of Death. I mean a cloaked figure that glides along the ground and has an creepy glow to it. What would you think!

When the alarm is sounded and Darren's mom finds out this Angel of Death story (not matter who all has seen it) she gets mad and puts some of them on latrine duty. And for extra punishment she sends Darren out into the night to hunt. Now, you know these raiders are creeping around and this is not good for ole Darren. But..... there is also the Angel of Death out there creeping around. What do you think is going to happen?

The end of the story just blew my mind.. just a little. I didn't see that one coming and I'm still trying to figure out what really happened. Like I said before, there are enough hints in the book that I have an idea, but I would like to know for sure.

This was a great book and I'm glad I took the chance to read it. :) Fin


AMAZON LINK:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E2NLSFC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2PV4US7P3940J&coliid=IJ05KDTLYVN0U

No comments:

Post a Comment