Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Magyk by Angie Sage

The Magyk Begins Here
Septimus Heap, the seventh son of the seventh son, disappears the night he is born, pronounced dead by the midwife. That same night, the baby's father, Silas Heap, comes across an abandoned child in the snow -- a newborn girl with violet eyes. The Heaps take her into their home, name her Jenna, and raise her as their own. But who is this mysterious baby girl, and what really happened to their beloved son Septimus? @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1308679508       5 Stars

I read this book many, many moons ago! I loved it then and I love it now. Things from the book came back to me as I read them.

Septimus Heap was taken away as a newborn child with the nurse saying he was dead...he was not. He was taken away to turn him into something else. In his place there was left a baby girl that was found by the father, Silas Heap. It's funny this happens right as their baby is taken.... hmmm.. wonder who she is.

So the house is full of Heaps and several years later when the secret finally comes out who Jenna really is, she goes on a journey with the ExtraOrdinary Wizard named Marcia, her father Silas, one brother Nicko, Boy 412 (who was a guard to the wizard tower) and the Heap's dog Maxie. They take a precarious trip to their Aunt Zelda in the swamps.

It's such a fun book with all of the little magical things like the Shield Bugs, they are so cool and I want a group of them of my own! My favorite was Jenna's pet rock that she named Petroc Trelawney! I want one, actually I have some rocks around here I intend to paint different colors with little faces. I doubt they will come to life it I pet them though :( I love their Boggart friend too. There are just so many things to like about this book.

They have to face a bunch of junk trying to keep away from the bad guys that just want to get Jenna back. They find out some things they never knew. They learn spells and mostly have a good time.

It's a great book!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment