Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Forged In Fire by Juliette Cross

She never knew this demon world existed. Now she just wants to survive it.

Genevieve Drake never needed a man to come to her rescue. Not until the night of her twentieth birthday, when some dude nearly chokes her to death in an alley behind a New Orleans Goth club. And a hot stranger splits the guy in half, rips a monster from inside, and incinerates it into ash.

The hunky rescuer? Jude Delacroix—Dominus Daemonum, Master of Demons, now her guardian, whether she likes it or not. But she’s seriously beginning to like it.

Her would-be murderer turns out to be only the first of many minions of the demon prince, Danté, who has all kinds of lascivious and sadistic plans. Which means when the formidably beautiful Jude offers his protection, Genevieve has no problem accepting it.

For Jude and his fellow demon hunters tell her she is a Vessel, one who is born to serve the Light, but can be corrupted into a weapon of darkness. And to survive, she must trust a man whose unearthly eyes promise heaven…but whose powers unleash hell.

Warning: Contains a dark and brooding demon hunter who harbors even darker secrets, a snarky heroine who’s being hunted by every demon in the underworld, and a sadistic demon prince with a fancy for violent sexual encounters.
@goodreads

MY REVIEW:

4 STARS


 :

Genevieve (Gen) Drake is a really cool, snarky character that I liked right off the bat. She is funny, she works for her dad at his Karate dojo and she's a Vessel... a what? Yeah, seems like when you turn a certain age you might just be a Vessel. They tend to have certain gifts but I changed my mind on telling you what they are, you will just have to read the book! :) Anyway, I love her snark in the book. 



Carol giggled. I wanted to slap the blonde right off her. Wouldn't take much since she dyed it like once a week.

Gen is out with her best friend and roommate Mindy at a club to celebrate Gen's b-day. She comes across some freak who tries to kill her and then tall dark and bad-ass Jude Delacroix (Demon Hunter) takes said person out. And not on a date!

Over some time Jude explains to Gen what she is and there is so much to what she is that it takes quite some time to explain it all with the help from some others, Kat and St. George, but that's later on. Jude starts training her along with Kat on how to use her powers.

Back tracking a little, the first time Gen got to see Jude in all of this glory was when she closed down the dojo for the night and got jumped by some demons, it seems a demon prince, Dante, wants her for his own. I'm not telling you why either.. anyhoo.. so Gen leaves the dojo and this is her take on Jude in action :)


A sudden high-pitched scream drew our attention. Behind him, there was Jude, in all of his masculine glory, holding a long sword thrust deep into the chest of Pit-Bull boy. Wait, a sword? What century was I in?

I am in love with Jude and so is Gen after a bit. He rides a motorcycle or whatever he wants really and he is yummy!

 :

They all have to try to keep Gen safe and fight the jerk demon that wants to take her. It seems that Gen is a very strong Vessel and doesn't need as much help as one would think after she starts learning.

I can't wait to read more about these two and their love, it's a burning love and they need to get on with it :) I could feel the love and um.. stuff lifting right off the pages!




This is the second book I have read by this author and I like her writing style so it's not going to be the last that's for sure! Fin....


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1421468139

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHL2UR6?keywords=forged%20in%20in%20fire%20in%20books&qid=1446139150&ref_=sr_1_2&s=books&sr=1-2


8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for this kickass review. You rock, Melissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome Juliette! I love your characters that I have read so far! Thank you, I try to rock at times :D

      Delete
    2. Haha! You totally do. And I love the pics you chose. Can't wait to see what you think of book 2 when you get to it. A bit steamier. ;)

      Delete
    3. Guess what, this is the strangest thing, but I woke up this morning and checked my mail around sixish before getting up and my best friend had bought me the second book as a gift for my kindle! :) I was like OMG! They didn't even know I was reading this book, they are old school, not on computer much, dial-up etc. Eeep :)

      Delete
    4. What?! How cool is that! That makes my day (or night, actually). Hope you enjoy SiS. Thanks so much for reading. :D

      Delete
    5. I know right? Thanks so much for writing :D I will start that one after I read this next blog/book tour coming up. It's Nov. 13, but it's a big Ellen Hopkins books and I want to make sure :) Then it's on to the next installment of JUDE, dreaming, yummy JUDE, oh and everyone else. LOL

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! But mostly Jude. Right? I think you'll enjoy him in book 2. Happy reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Now you make me want to throw everything down and read it now. LOL. He's my yum yum at the moment. Thank you so much. Then I will have to get the third one. :)

      Delete