Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Sworn Sword The Hedge Knight II

Part Two of George R.R. Martin's graphic novel prequel to A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


I loved this graphic novel as much as the first one.

Dunk and Egg have taken up with Ser Eustace. They end up going out to find out why their water supply has stopped. It turns out The Red Widow has built a dam and stolen their water. There are rumors that she is a witch and has killed several husbands and Dunk has to make her see reason.

 :

This turns into a fight back and forth between The Red Widow and Ser Eustace. It seems The Red Widow has the okay from the King to take the water. This opens up another barrel of worms and they have to go through some issues before coming to a compromise.

It seems as well, that our Dunk has a crush on her ladyship and she on him, but nothing can be done because he doesn't come from a "great family." Whatever... you know the ways and the days!

Poor Dunk must move on after his little battle even though they wanted him to stay. You know if he did that would have caused all kinds of trouble.

 :

I loved the novel and I'm sorry I can't tell you more, you will just have to read it :)

The graphics were awesome, I love when a book has beautiful graphics! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1414794731

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1477849297?keywords=the%20sworn%20sword&qid=1445079381&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I knew these were prequels from reading your other review, but I didn't know that they were graphic novels as well! I love the idea of that and the pictures look so well done - my kind of graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love graphic novels of books I like, I wish they would make more graphic novels for a lot of books we read! Just the idea of seeing the pictures, especially if you have a good illustrator :)

      Delete