Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae’s most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart? @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS


One Word:

 :

I freaking loved this book and I am buying it for damn sure!

This is a long drawn out book and I wasn't bored not one time...NOT ONE TIME!!!


 :

Ismae's mom tried to rid her in the womb with poison from a herbwitch and all of this did was give her a scar and make her a daughter of St. Mortain..the god of death!

When she is older her dad sells her to a horrible man who was trying to make her do her wifely duties, but once he saw her scar, he was terrified. Everyone that knew who she was, was terrified of her.

The abess of St. Mortain Convent brings Ismae into the fold and trains her as an assassin for death. She is trained in poisons and weaponry. I love it! I freaking love it! Sorry, I digressed!


 :

The misericorde is only one of her weapons of choice, she uses a garotte in her bracelet, crossbows, knives, you name it. She is bad to the bone!

She is sent out on missions to kill people that have the marque of Mortain on them, this is like the go ahead to kill them, they are evil. She is allowed to kill in self defense as well.

She is sent on a mission with Gavriel Duval to help protect his sister, who is Duchess Anne. They find they are up against a lot of traitors, and bad people all around. I mean, it seems like you can't trust but a few in this book!

Ismae isn't interested in men, she thinks they are vile creatures. But.. she was abused by mean all of her life.. sooooooo.. Anyhoo, she starts to have feelings for Duval and I think it is so awesome. They are actually perfect for each other in their bad assery!


 :

I can't stress how much I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Plots, schemes, weapons, killings, etc. If you like all of that stuff, I think you will like this book :) 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1414778057

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0544022491?keywords=grave%20mercy&qid=1445217790&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1


2 comments:

  1. Aargh, this is another book I have heard everyone fangirling about but haven't quite read yet. I originally heard a lot of mixed things which is why it took me ages before I decided to actually put it on my TBR. So now it is just a matter of getting around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I really love this book. I heard the others were good, but not as good as this one. I have them from the library but I'm buying them. I don't care :) This was just so different and good. The characters are rich and so bad to the bone! I look forward to seeing if you like it!

      Delete