Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Silent Army by James A. Moore

The City of Wonders has been saved by nearly miraculous forces and the Silent Army is risen, ready to defend the Fellein Empire and Empress Nachia at any cost.

The power that was hidden in the Mounds is on the move, seeking a final confrontation with the very entities that kept it locked away since the Cataclysm. Andover Lashk has finally come to accept his destiny and prepares to journey back to Fellein. The Sa’ba Taalor continue their domination over each country and people they encounter, but the final conflict is coming: The Great Wave of the Sa’ba Taalor stands to destroy an empire and the Silent Army prepares to stop them in their tracks.

Caught in the middle is the Fellein Empire and the people who have gathered together on the final battlefield. The faithful and the godless, the soldiers and killers alike all stand or fall as old gods and new bring their war to a world-changing end. Some struggles are eternal. Some conflicts never cease. The Gods of War are here and they are determined to win. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


So here I am . . . . . . NOOOOO!

 :

I heard there are going to be more books in this series and I sure hope so because there are some unanswered questions and I want to see what's going to happen. I mean I want to know if anything is going to happen with Swetch, Merros and something else! Hellloo!

And I want to know what Drask has in his future. Unless he's going to be killed then we can just stop right here and that's that and we are all good! But, seriously, he's like a god now or something. Or maybe he will be or something. Btw: I love him, as if you couldn't figure that out.

We have a floating city which threw me for a loop. And it freaked the hell out of the people on said floating city too :-D

*The picture below is a painting by Howard Fox. Pretty awesome huh?*


 :

I love Andover Iron Hands even more in this book. He's pretty much Sa'ba Taalor now. I like most of these people. Seems most people don't like them because they are the bad people that are going around killing in very brutal ways and what not and so forth. I think it's because of Drask and Swetch and a few others that I like that have me not really thinking about the bad stuff they are doing. But, they only do what their gods tell them to do. Their gods actually talk to them and tell them things.

I found it really cool how the Sa'ba Taalor got the mounts they rode. They made me think of a hairy reptile thingy that they ride. I was totally wowed by that one. I never would have thunk something like that, although, with the Sa'ba Taalor I shouldn't be surprised.

I felt like the third book was more brutal than this one but they all have brutality in them so if that's your kind of thing along with some really strange stuff, then this is a series for you.

I look forward to more in this world and I hope it's a happy ending. Like I said before, if Drask has to die then NO! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1870556768

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, I can't promise a happy ending, but there will be more books. And yes, Drask will nb in them and so will Swech. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait :-) Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't notice this until now and I never check this particular email. Shame on me!

      Delete