Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

Enter the Graceling Realm and let it work its magic . . . When Queen Bitterblue took the throne of Monsea, she was a child, and her advisers ran the kngdom for her. Now she is beginning to question their decisions, especially how they handle the legacy of her father Leck, who who ruled through his Grace?a special talent for mind-altering?and his taste for darkness and violence. Bitterblue needs to know Monsea's past to lead it into the future, so she begins exploring the city sreets at night, disguised and alone. As she does, she meets two thieves, who hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart. Bitterblue is unforgettable?a gateway to the Graceling Realm that braids together magic, memory, and romance. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:


5 STARS 


This book! It was so wonderful and so sad at the same time! The feels.....................

 :

I love this book so much! Bitterblue got to meet Fire. OMG!


 :

This is going to be one of my crazy reviews! I am all over the place with my feels.

I love Queen Bitterblue so much! And her father was that horrible man from the second book that I wanted a giant to stomp him into the ground. He tortured animals, people and woman. I can't even people! I. CAN'T. EVEN. And at one point Bitterblue and her crew find some journals they have to decipher from old King Leck and it was not good, not good, not good.

Let me list my favorites.

1) Bitterblue
2) PO
3) Giddon
4) Teddy
5) Saf
6) Helda
7) Teddy
8) Katsa
9) Death

you know what? there are too many, just too many.

PO is Bitterblue's cousin and he can talk to you in your mind and he can read minds so to speak and he's blind as a bat but no one knows about it. You have to read the book to find out about all of that.

There is so much going on in this book I'm not sure I can give it a proper review as I don't write proper reviews in the first place.

Bitterblue starts sneaking out at night and going to bars to listen to stories and such. She hates being stuck in the castle all of the time. Well, she runs into Saf and Teddy. They are thieves and Teddy is a sweetheart, he gets hurt in the book and all of this stuff. And Bitterblue falls in love with Saf and there are all kinds of problems when he finds out she's the Queen. I mean you can't keep something like that from a handsome thief right? Wait, that ending, I just realized. No, I need another book to find out. Is there a novella. Oh Lord!

Anyway, there are all kinds of conspiracies going on in the kingdom and people trying to kill Bitterblue and people killing other people and going crazy and committing suicide and it's just cray. There are some really messed up and sad reasons for all of that though. I mean this book =(

Katsa and PO are together and they both love Bitterblue so much and she them. They protect her and Katsa has taught her to fight and that helped since she had to kill a man trying to kidnap her.

Then they have this council that is going to go around and take out some miserable kings. I told you there is soooooo much going on. It's not confusing, just to someone like me trying to write a review!

There is a man named Death that is Bitterblue's librarian. He's actually been around for many years and he was there when Leck was King until the King was killed. Heh =)

Anyway, I love ole Death, he's funny without meaning to be and I had the perfect picture of what I thought of as him but can't find it. But I digress. Death's grace was that he could remember every book or anything he ever read and he was in the process of restoring books from his mind! HIS MIND PEOPLE! Can you even imagine. I loved his and Bitterblue's talks together though. And then later on they made me cry.

Thiel and heck I can't think of all their names are assistants to Bitterblue and they were to Leck too so they are not right in the head. Once again you have to read the book =(

I loved Madlen, she's a healer and she has a secret =)

There are Hold and Hava, they both have different graces. You know, I'm done trying to tell you all about the people in the book. There are so many and it's just so good and they all play so many parts! Let me throw in a few excerpts just because.


"Holt," said Bitterblue through gritted teeth. "I forbid you, absolutely forbid you, to climb into any more window frames and look down, wondering what would happen. Do you understand me?"

"Honestly," said Thiel, going to Holt and grabbing his collar, then pushing Holt to the door in a manner that was almost comical, as Holt was bigger than Thiel, almost twenty years younger, and enormously stronger. But Hold just shrugged again, making no protest.

"Pull yourself together, man" said Thiel. "Stop giving the queen frights." Then he opened the door and shoved Holt through it.

"Are you all right, Lady Queen? said Thiel slamming the door shut, turning back to her.

"I don't understand anyone," Bitterblue said miserably, "or anything. Thiel, how am I to be queen in a kingdom of crackpots?"


•••••••••••

Bitterblue slapped him, as hard as she could. When he grabbed her wrists, she kicked him in the shin, then kicked him again, until finally, swearing, he let her go. "You're a bully," he spat out.

"You're a brat," she said


I can't find the stuff I wanted to write about Death. <--- not real Death, Death the librarian. I didn't write down the page numbers. There are more things I want to add to the review anyway later on. It's storming here so I'm just doing a quick crazy review in case I lose power again!

To be continued.......

PS ~ I love this book ♥ 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1943491229

No comments:

Post a Comment