Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Traitor's Blade by Sebastien De Castell

The King is dead, the Greatcoats have been disbanded and Falcio Val Mond and fellow magistrates Kest and Brasti have been reduced to working as bodyguards for a nobleman who refuses to pay them. Things could be worse - their employer could be lying dead on the floor while the three of them are forced to watch as the killer plants evidence framing them for the murder. Oh, wait, that's exactly what's happening...

A royal conspiracy is about to unfold in the most corrupt city in the world and it could mean the ruin of everything Falcio, Kest and Brasti have fought for. If the trio want to unwind the conspiracy, save the innocents and reunite the Greatcoats, they'll have to do it with nothing but the tattered coats on their backs and the swords in their hands, because these days every noble is a tyrant, every knight is a thug and the only thing you can really trust is a traitor's blade. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This freaking book is on my favorites list and holy crap on a cracker if it didn't give me three panic attacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me take a moment to get this off my chest. I'm going to do this from time to time in a book!

You damn murderous, evil torture, •sshole, Patriana, I want to bash you into the ground over and over until you seep back into hell!!!!! <-- Just read the book!




Now on to our regularly scheduled review!

I am in love, love, love with Falcio, Brasit and Kest! The three Greatcoats that won my heart and made me cry so many freaking times. Damn all three of you! <-- Not really. They are so wonderful and good and funny and bad to the bone.

This story is told by Falcio. I'm thinking the other books may be in the others pov's.



"Is there a plan?" Brasti asked, looking at me. "Because if there's a plan, then I'd love to know what it is, and if there's not and I get killed going hand to sword with a bunch of the Duke's men, then I may start to lose respect for you, Falcio."

I did have a plan. It might have sounded like a terrible plan at first hearing, but it really was not as bad as all that . . .

"Sir Knight, before we begin, may I say something? I called out.
"Last words? Remarkably prescient for a dog."
"I just wanted to say that all Dukes are traitors, all Knights are liars, and the road belongs to no one but the caravans."

Captain Lynniac growled, and he and his men charged us.

Brasti said, "Please tell me that wasn't the entire plan?"
"Stop talking," I said, beating the first blade out of the way as they came upon us like a thunderstorm, "and start singing."


Okay, let me try to make this into a review that makes sense because I'm all over the place right now!

Like I said, the story is told through Falcio's point of view and it's not that hard to figure out once you know what's going on. The story is told in the present and some in the past. We get to read about some terrible things that happened in Falcio's past with his wife, Aline. We also get to read about the reason they stood by and let the King be murdered. It's all so horrific and sad and made me cry and just feels people, feels!

Falcio and Kest grew up together and they met Brasti later on.

I have to say I loved so many people and animal in this book. King Paelis, Mattea (the Tailor), little Aline, Monster (the Greathorse), Feltock, Valiana and I think that's all of them. They all play great or minor parts in the book and they have all made me cry from sadness or happiness!

Some stuff happens in the beginning of the book and Brasti, Kest, and Falcio end up working for this caravan that supposedly has a Duchass/Princess riding inside. They are going to meet with some people that end up being jerks.

Some other stuff happens and Falcio is staying in the town with a little girl that loses her family. Her name is Aline and that just puts him over the edge. The others leave him for reasons and he has to keep Aline safe until a certain time of day when she will be safe. Of course everyone tries to kill them but ya know. . .

Little Aline is a force to be reckoned with herself.


Calmly as anything, she pulled the blade out, wiped the blood off on the guard's face, and handed the rapier back to me, hilt first.

"We should run now," Aline said.


I freaking love her. She also aids Falcio in fighting when he needs weapons handed to him fast. She's amaze balls.

I don't want to give out real spoilers or anything but it's sooooooooo hard. This book is so good I can even explain how good and I had many times where I had a great laugh. They are all pretty funny together. Some of the other people are funny too!

If your putting off reading this book then DON'T. You just might find a new favorite like I did. I hope the next books are just as good. I'm worried about things that are going to happen but we shall see.


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1934978276

No comments:

Post a Comment