Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation.

Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within.

A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.
@goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 

 :

Can I just take a moment to give credit to this wonderful ending ↓



I can't even right now!

Okay, lets move on to a little bit of a more sedate review. First off I love Sevro, Ragnar and Mustang and I swear . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can't even write this review! This book is all over the place with everything!

Blowing people up in space, bloody battles, stupidity, more people being blown up here and there and everywhere! People you like getting killed. People you don't like that you want to beat into the ground!

Let me just add some random excerpts that have to do with Darrow and Sevro and stuff!



I explode through the bridge like a ball of lead shot into a store of china and glass. I crash into displays and strategy desks before blasting through the reinforced metal of the bridge walls, through the steel of the hallways till at last I slam bodily into a bulkhead a hundred meters through and past the bridge. Dazed. Can't find Sevro. I call him over the com. He groans something about his ass. Maybe he did shit himself.


Okay, so here is a moment that Darrow and Sevro had together after finding out a revelation. It brought a tear to my eye for reasons, there's always reasons people. Well, the tear to my eye came after the first part and some stuff and then the other stuff =D

Sevro spits in my face, right under the eye. "Guess wrong again and I leave you like this." He snaps his fingers. "I will not come back. I will not help you. I will not bleed for you. I will not sacrifice my friends for a man who doesn't give enough of a shit about me to put his neck out just once. Trust goes both ways, Darrow. This time you have to take a leap."


shfosehgsoihgsiodhfsidfhsifh some stuff and. . .

He can't say any more because I'm hugging him and crying. I sob and hold on to him, shaking, scaring him. He doesn't move except to pat me on the head. All the weight falls from my shoulders. Someone knows. He knows and he's here. He knows and he came to help me. To help me. I can't stop shaking and saying thank you. Eo was right. I was right. "You are my friend," I tremble out like a child. It almost makes him cry seeing me this way.


I'm done here people, I can't after that part again! On to Morning Star!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1934976883

6 comments:

  1. I remember how I felt when I read the ending to this book. I had an ARC of this one so it was a very long wait to find out what happened. I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole, I like when an ending gets me like that. Well, most of the time =)

      Delete
  2. It makes me think of "The Handmaid's Tale" in a general way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I hope you enjoy Morning Star. I can't get enough Darrow and I am so excited for the new series in the same world coming out soon!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete