Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, March 18, 2017

In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

Ruby can't look back. Fractured by an unbearable loss, she and the kids who survived the government's attack on Los Angeles travel north to regroup. Only Ruby can keep their highly dangerous prisoner in check. But with Clancy Gray, there's no guarantee you're fully in control, and everything comes with a price.
When the Children's League disbands, Ruby rises up as a leader and forms an unlikely allegiance with Liam's brother, Cole, who has a volatile secret of his own. There are still thousands of other Psi kids suffering in government "rehabilitation camps" all over the country. Freeing them--revealing the governments unspeakable abuses in the process--is the mission Ruby has claimed since her own escape from Thurmond, the worst camp in the country.
But not everyone is supportive of the plan Ruby and Cole craft to free the camps. As tensions rise, competing ideals threaten the mission to uncover the cause of IANN, the disease that killed most of America's children and left Ruby and others with powers the government will kill to keep contained. With the fate of a generation in their hands, there is no room for error. One wrong move could be the spark that sets the world on fire.@goodreads


MY REVIEW:

3 STARS 

 
Hmmm........
 :

I sat here for about an hour trying to figure out how I wanted to rate the book and what to say.

I'm still at a loss as to how I really feel but I decided on the middle ground. I liked the book well enough. Anything from 3 stars and up is good enough to me.

I was pretty happy with the ending. How to put this without spoilers. I liked that there were reunions and stuff but I kind of wanted it to be a little more than that. I wanted people to stay together forever. <--- Geez, just read the book.

I was so happy that Zu got to come back in this book. She's so sweet.

I have a few favorite characters but my all time favorite I believe is going to be Chubs. I mean, he's just awesome and sweet and funny. I love him and Vida together. They are hilarious.

I hate that some had to die but that happens in books.

Overall, I enjoyed the whole trilogy and I look forward to the book of novella's! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1943492768

No comments:

Post a Comment