Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, June 23, 2017

Crown Of Midnight by Sarah J Maas

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for. @goodreads 











This was a re-read on audio and I still love this book as much the first time around if not more. Yes, more. I forgot this was the book with a death that broke my heart =( **Some Mild Spoilers**



Celaena is keeping up her end of the bargain to the horrible king. She is killing people and bringing their heads to the king. Or is she really?

We find out some secrets about Dorian and Celaena that I just loved. I loved it! Loved it!

Chaol and Celaena have a little thing but when something bad happens it turns Celaena around. I love Chaol but I don't see them as lovers. Yeah, it's fun for a bad to the bone woman to go and have all the men she wants like men do (heh) but reading it a second time and finding out some stuff about Celaena I'm even more glad of where the book has moved and the current love of my life -er- Celaena's.

Anyhoo, I loved when Celaena and Dorian were working together to fight off another freaking demon. They are both special in certain ways and can fight in certain ways. That was really mind blowing right? Lol

Oh, and I loved the doorknocker, Mort. He was such a joy! =) Of course, Celaena wanted to smash him a few times for his smart mouth, but he was still hilarious.

We also find out some things about the king. Some things about people who killed someone we loved and the revenge was so sweet...... it made me all tingly inside! I love some sweet Revenge

The ending was sad with Chaol but he will find his place later, later on. The cliffhanger we find out about Celaena is amaze balls. It's the start of all the goodness and well, badness. Either way, still loving it!








***Old Review From 2015***

OMG!! This book rocks! I can't believe who/what Celaena really is! I can't wait to get to the next one and see what she is going to do.

In this one, she goes about beheading, etc, people the King thinks are against him. She has to do these things per her contract.

Celaena and Nehemia are still trying to figure out what all of the symbols mean. And of course, Nehemia is upset with Celeana going around killing people. But they sort all of that out.

There are so many surprises in this book! We find out someone has magic, which was supposed to have been destroyed by the King years ago. We find out the things about Celaena. We find out who she picks as her first lover :) We get to mourn a death :( And a few other tidbits along the way.

She still has her love for books and all things a little glamorous. There isn't really time for all of that in this book though with all of the chaos going on. She still has Fleetfoot, who I just love :)

I still can't believe the turn of events at the end of the book. Talk about a cliffhanger!

I recommend this book to all that love bad to the bone women, evil Kings, handsome dudes and all kinds of monsters and what not! Oh and doggers :) Enjoy!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1257298060



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you loved this one. I'm on the 4th book of the series and I'm a bit lukewarm about it, but there are some brilliant bits! I think so far the first and the second one are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete