Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Contains exclusive content: songs from Griffin Peterson

Sydney is living in an idyllic bubble—she's a dedicated student with a steady job on the side. She lives with her best friend, has a great boyfriend, and the music coming from the balcony opposite hers is fast becoming the soundtrack to her life. But when Sydney finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her, the bubble bursts. The mysterious and attractive man behind the music, Ridge, gives Sydney hope that she can move on and they begin to write songs together. But moving on is harder than she expects, Sydney can only hope….

Maybe someday…

Colleen Hoover draws you in to this passionate tale of music, love and betrayal…@goodreads 













How can two people who both have such good intentions end up with feelings, derived from all the goodness, that are so incredibly bad?


I thought is book was really sweet. I mean there were a lot of things that got on my nerves but it all worked out in the end.



****SOME SPOILERS****

Sydney meets Ridge by listening to him play his guitar on his balcony every day. She sits on hers and he sits on his across the way. Ridge has been having trouble writing his lyrics for the band and he sees Sydney singing to his music and thus it begins.

On Sydney's birthday she finds out from Ridge that her boyfriend of two years, Hunter, has been having a relationship with her roommate, Tori. He really didn't want to tell her but he couldn't put it off any longer. Ridge had seen them on the balcony. They say it was just sex and meant nothing, they had been having sex for years before they knew Syd. Seriously?

Anyway, Syd moves in with Ridge and his roommates, Bridgette and Warren. They are a hoot let me tell you.

Syd finds out Ridge is deaf but he can still play guitar and writes music for the band his brother formed. They are a big hit. Ridge won't play with them though because of his nerves and something else, but I won't tell you what that something else is, just something that is holding him back.

So Ridge and Syd communicate through text messages and the laptop. And they make music together. Syd writes the lyrics and Ridge plays, at least until he gets his muse back, which is through Sydney.






Then, Syd finds out Ridge has a girlfriend. Hello, you could have mentioned that from the beginning before I started falling for you. Men.

Maggie and Ridge have been together for 5 years and it's not all what it seems either. You know how you get comfortable with someone and they have other problems and you feel you can't leave them. But it all works out in the end for everyone.




I loved being able to read a nice fluffy book. Sometimes I just need to do that, although I don't need to explain myself to you. I enjoyed this book, but like I said I wanted to scream through some of it. I loved the characters and they all seemed to just get one another. Lovely.


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2041280837

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Maybe Someday is my favorite Colleen Hoover book and I always recommend it to friends, and I do agree with you, some parts made me want to scream. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hon! I'm glad you love it so much =) Enjoy your day as well ♥

      Delete