Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, May 18, 2015

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.


Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream? @ goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1268913644

Read from May 01 to 18, 2015

It has taken me awhile to get through this book. It as no where near as good as the first for me. I'm not sure what the problem was but it just wasn't great. I think I will have to do a re-read at some point to see if it was just my mood.

The part I started really getting into it was when Zuzana and Mik showed up to stay with Karou. I would have freaked out myself and would not have stayed with those evil things, but I digress :) They had some fun times while they were there. I loved how Zuzana helped Karou with the rebirths I will call them because I can't remember what they actually called them in the book.

I loved Issa and glad to see her there. I really loved Ziri and so did not see that ending with him. I will have to get used to that in the next book.

Of course there is a lot of evilness going on, you find out about their pasts, which was awesome, well the finding out part and so much information it was almost hard for me to take it all in.

And Akiva, sweet Akiva, all the the good things he does in the book. He's just a great angel right?

I wish this trilogy was in a graphic novel because I think seeing all of these creatures and angels would be beautiful in full color!

Fin 


3 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment