Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Diabolical Miss Hyde by Viola Carr

Magic, mystery, and romance mix in this edgy retelling of the classic The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde-in which Dr. Eliza Jekyll is the daughter of the infamous Henry

In an electric-powered Victorian London, Dr. Eliza Jekyll is a crime scene investigator, hunting killers with inventive new technological gadgets. Now, a new killer is splattering London with blood, drugging beautiful women and slicing off their limbs. Catching "the Chopper" could make Eliza's career--or get her burned. Because Eliza has a dark secret. A seductive second self, set free by her father's forbidden magical elixir: wild, impulsive Lizzie Hyde.

When the Royal Society sends their enforcer, the mercurial Captain Lafayette, to prove she's a sorceress, Eliza must resist the elixir with all her power. But as the Chopper case draws her into London's luminous, magical underworld, Eliza will need all the help she can get. Even if it means getting close to Lafayette, who harbors an evil curse of his own.

Even if it means risking everything and setting vengeful Lizzie free . . . @ goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1190608696


Read from April 26 to May 02, 2015

I kept going back and forth with this book. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but then all these twists and turns started happening and I liked it :) I was not expecting some of the things that happened AT ALL. I was quite surprised. I hope there is going to be more books on Miss Hyde!

So, Dr. Eliza Jekyll is the good girl and Lizzie Hyde is well, you know :) They call each other sisters. Eliza takes and elixer to keep Lizzie in or have her come out in the beginning. I like both of the characters in the book. And Lizzie only kills bad people so there :)

I love the character Lafayette! I hated him at first but then fell in love with him when I found out his secret. Things in this book are just not what they seem.

Sometimes I was confused with different people and things going on so this will definately be a re-read in the future.

Oh and how could I forget Hippocrates! I love him, he is Eliza's clockwork dog. How cool is that!!

Anyway, I would recommend this to anyone that loves this kind of genre with a little gore thrown in :)
  4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment