Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, January 15, 2016

The Eye Of The World by Robert Jordan

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

5 STARS

That was an amazing little journey. I'm going to give it my all to make this a good enough review, but I kinda doubt it because this book is too great for my measly little words :-)

 :

WELCOME TO THE WORLD KNOWN AS THE WHEEL OF TIME

 :

Since I'm not good at explaining certain things, I'm so glad the author put a glossary in the back of the book so I can sound all smart when I tell you what things are!

BOOK GLOSSARY DESCRIPTION OF WHEEL OF TIME

Time is a wheel with seven spokes, each spoke of an age. As the Wheel turns, the Ages come and go, leaving memories that fade in legend, then to myth, and are forgotten by the time that Age comes again. The Pattern of an Age is slightly different each time an Age comes, and each time it is subject to greater change, but each time it is the same Age.


Here is an eeny meeny map that shows the lands our travelers cross in the book.

 :

The story starts out with Rand and his father Tam traveling to the village to sell some things. When they get back home they are attacked by Trollocs and Rand's father is injured very badly. Rand manages to get Tam back to the village to try to find a healer. --->backtrack When Rand went to down he was hanging out with his friends Mat and Perrin and all three of them had been seeing this dark figure on a horse that no one else sees. Also a woman named Moiraine and man named Lan had shown up, oh and a gleeman named Thom. There a whole bunch of stuff going on with this but I can't get into it.

Anyway, back to the attack, when Rand gets back to the village the town healer, Nynaeve says she can't help him and he is just going to die..BUT.. Moiraine helps him and he will live. Moiraine is my favorite character and she's an Aes Sedai, which is (going to refer to glossary again)


Aes Sedai: Wielders of the One Power. Since the Time of Madness, all surviving Aes Sedai are women. Widely distrusted and feared, even hated, they are blamed by many for the Breaking of the World, and are generally thought to meddle in the affairs of nations. At the same time, few rulers will be without an Aes Sedai advisor, even in lands where the existence of such a connection must be kept secret.


Don't let that fool you because in this book Moiraine is bad to the bone with her powers but she's a good person so they can suck it!

She is traveling with Lan and he is a Warder, I love him too :-) Another glossary definition below ↓



Warder: A warrior bonded to an Aes Sedai. The bonding is a thing of the One Power, and by it he gains such gifts as quick healing, the ability to go long periods without food, water, or rest, and the ability to sense the taint of the Dark One at a distance. So long as a Warder lives, the Aes Sedai to whom he is bonded knows he is alive no matter how far away he is, and when he dies she will know the moment and manner of his death.
 
There is a little more to it than that but you the idea. So, Moiraine and Lan know that the boys are being targeted by the Dark One who is sending the Trollocs and the Myrddraal (who controls the Trollocs) after them to bring them to him. It's a whole big thing that starts this journey.

Moiraine and Lan decide they need to try to get the boys to a safe haven which will take a long time to get to and will be dangerous. So they get Rand, Matt, Perrin to go on this journey and a friend of the boys named Egwene decides she wants to go and so does the Gleeman, Thom.

So they all get the hell out of there at night before the Trollocs show back up!


 :

At some point they all get split up and we get to read about their different adventures, oh and Nynaeve shows up to go with them. My favorite is about Perrin and Egwene because they run into a character named Elyas and he talks to wolves and is friends with wolves, they help each other out and I love it. Although, one part made me want to hunk smash someone, but I digress....

Howling wolves:

This whole world is written so beautifully, I felt like I was there, mostly the parts when they were in the woods or traveling at night, I could picture every little thing the author said down to a T.

I probably would have missed these wonderful books if it wasn't for friends on Goodreads, I'm so glad I get to find more books like this and many others because there are so many different kinds of worlds out there to find, hidden out there for us to grasp and love. The funny thing is, my best friend has had these books forever and never told me! I tore him a new one let me tell you. Not really. LoL

I would like to think anyone that loves fantasy books would love these books. Now that being said, I have only read the first one so I don't know how the next 13 are going to be, I can only hope they are as good as this one.

This book has a whole world of things going on, towns, different kinds of people, adventures, quests people are going on, it's just so much fun and there are some deaths... You could get lost in this book while traveling with each character. I also loved that the author gave all of the horses names and they weren't just random things in the book. Bela being my favorite of course and you will know why when you read the book.


 :

If your waiting to read this book, just go ahead and take the chance and try it out!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1274191532

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Eye-World-Wheel-Time-Book/dp/0812511816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452889059&sr=8-1&keywords=the+eye+of+the+world

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous review!! I need to read this one myself. I keep hearing good things about it and I need to pick it up already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I really hope I like all of them. Some people love the whole series and some don't and since they are tomes, I hope I like them all :-)

      Delete