Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Hollow City, called "a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love."

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn't know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won't keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that's not all he wants with her.

The Shatter Me series is perfect for fans who crave action-packed young adult novels with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu. Tahereh Mafi has created a captivating and original story that combines the best of dystopian and paranormal, and was praised by Publishers Weekly as "a gripping read from an author who's not afraid to take risks." Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and satisfying end.
@goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 5 STARS 




Well I loved this book the most. Juliette and Warner FINALLY get together. There are a lot of revelations between them. Warner lets down his guard in a lot of areas.

The Omega's have been wiped out . . . well most of them.

There is way too much drama with Adam going off his rocker. I think it was all written out very clearly why there was supposedly love between Adam and Juliette. It wasn't really love, but you have to read the book to find out! Ha!

Kenji is his same funny self. Although, he did have a little bit of a break down because we can't always keep everyone up and laughing. I'm glad him and Juliette are best friends, we all need someone like that. But some of the funny things he says and I agree with him on the Bruce Lee matter!


Everyone was looking at me. "What do you think?" I ask.
"Your suite looks just like mine." Kenji frowns. "I'm supposed to be the one with the black suit. Why can't you have a pink suit? Or a yellow suit-"
"Because we're not the freaking Power Rangers," Winston says, rolling his eyes.
"What the hell is a Power Ranger?" Kenji shoots back.


"Are you out of your goddamn mind? You think we can take on two hundred soldiers? I know I am an extremely attractive man, J, but I am not Bruce Lee."
"Who's Bruce Lee?"
"Who's Bruce Lee?" Kenji asks, horrified. "Oh my God. We can't even be friends anymore."
"Why? Was he a friend of yours?"
"You know what," he says, "just stop. Just--I can't even talk to you right now."


Juliette does master the control of her powers. A bunch of them get together with her and Warner to defeat Anderson. It was too cool the things that Juliette does. And even though there isn't a lot of action in the book, the parts that were, I loved! And that's good enough for me :-)


Now, Juliette is in control and they will have to fight many wars. But with her friends and Warner by her side, anything is possible.

 :

Fin . .

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1763414287

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Ignite-Me-Shatter-Tahereh-Mafi/dp/0062085581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474400650&sr=8-1&keywords=ignite+me

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad and happy you really like the last book of the shatter me series. This one was my all time favorite book part of the series. Thank you for the awesome post Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hon! I loved this one the most too :-) I'm so glad you loved them as well ♥

      Delete