Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, September 11, 2016

this is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp

10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity High School finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.

10:02 a.m. The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.

10:03 a.m. The auditorium doors won't open.

10:05 a.m. Someone starts shooting.

Told from four different perspectives over the span of fifty-four harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

3 STARS 


 :

It took me awhile to decide how to rate this book. I didn't connect with all of the characters but I still enjoyed the story. Although, in this case, I'm not sure enjoy is the right word.

The story is told through several different POV. They were friends, brothers and sisters all living in Opportunity, AL going to Opportunity High School. And they all had one very, very bad day!

The story starts out with the shooter almost right off the bat. There are a few little things going on with the POV's talking about what they are doing at the moment, the moment before it all goes downhill.

We learn a few things about the different kids through their thoughts of things that happened in the past. But even still this book didn't grab me like I thought it would. I thought I would love it! I gave it three stars because I could feel the terror everyone went through and I felt really bad for everyone going through what happened. I really can't explain what it was that didn't make this a 5 star book for me. I'm just going to leave to the non connection I had to anyone in the story. I still think the author did a great job in creating a very horrific situation, if your just concentrating on that event.

I'm so happy for those that could love it and for the many more that will love it as well. And I'm glad I liked it just enough =)


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1404582200

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/This-Where-Ends-Marieke-Nijkamp/dp/149262246X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473606020&sr=8-1&keywords=this+is+where+it+ends

2 comments:

  1. Good review! I'm planning on trying this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can bring myself to read this one. Maybe now that my kids are out of school I could handle it but I don't know . . .

    Barks Book Nonsense

    ReplyDelete