Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, October 9, 2016

And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich

A stunning, terrifying novel about a house the color of blood and the two sisters who are trapped there, by The Dead House author Dawn Kurtagich
When Silla and Nori arrive at their aunt's home, it's immediately clear that the "blood manor" is cursed. The creaking of the house and the stillness of the woods surrounding them would be enough of a sign, but there are secrets too--the questions that Silla can't ignore: Who is the beautiful boy that's appeared from the woods? Who is the man that her little sister sees, but no one else? And why does it seem that, ever since they arrived, the trees have been creeping closer?


Filled with just as many twists and turns as The Dead House, and with achingly beautiful, chilling language that delivers haunting scenes, AND THE TREES CREPT IN is the perfect follow-up novel for master horror writer Dawn Kurtagich. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


OMG! THIS BOOK!



I feel like I just got off the crazy train with this book. I feel like my brain could be related to this book. This book is utter madness and I loved it!

Silla steals away in the night with her little sister Nori. They are running from their father who abused them, not that way, like punching out teeth and stuff. Their mother had told them about their aunt Cathy that lived in a mansion in the woods. It was all good at first, but then . . .

 :

I love how this book is written and the pages laid out. I will show a few at the end of the review.

The story is told in the now and back years ago when three sisters made a little no no in the woods


Anne. Youngest. Most precious.
Pamela. The middle sister. Wildest.
Catherine. Eldest. Most Sensible.

The Jewel.
The Adventurer.
The Protector.
Three little girls did a very bad thing.



The girls aunt Cath told them to never go into the Python Woods. There lives the Creeper Man!

 :

A tree. It's a tree. I convince myself of this, almost fully. Until the thing steps forward, his head turning a fraction in my direction. I can almost hear the tiny creeeeeeeeeeak as his head rotates. It is a tall, long-limbed, bulbous-headed shadow.
I blink again.
Closer.
And again.
Closer.
Closer each time. Like the trees. Tall, thin. Eerily silent. Still and watchful. A man. Something like a man.
But he has no eyes.
I notice this right away. He has no face. Wait . . . is that. . . is that-
There's a mouth.
A long gash of a mouth, thin and smiling. A jagged line. Until it falls open, revealing teeth and an endless blackness.
Grinnnnnning.
And then it falls forward on all fours, long and thin and impossible, scuttling back into the woods, head cocked up to me, until he is nothing but a tree shadow and I don't know if I've seen it at all.
The Creeper Man.


I mean that right there should tell you how creepy this book is, although, when the girls first get there, everything is fine. They have a wonderful garden and time with their aunt. And then things just go south from there. I can't even people!

If you want a creepy book to read for Halloween or just to read then this is one of them!

AND THAT ENDING! WHAT THE FECK! IT BLEW MY MIND! MY ALREADY CRAZY MIND FROM READING THE BOOK IN THE FIRST PLACE!




Bloody Brilliant!

 :

 :

 :

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1778944050

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Trees-Crept-Dawn-Kurtagich/dp/0316298700/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476050219&sr=8-1&keywords=and+the+trees+crept+in

3 comments:

  1. Yey! I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I'm reading it this month sometime and I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! Now I'm even more convinced to start reading this book.

    ReplyDelete