Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by A Bunch of Authors






A host of the smartest young adult authors come together in this collection of scary stories and psychological thrillers curated by Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea’s April Genevieve Tucholke.

Each story draws from a classic tale or two—sometimes of the horror genre, sometimes not—to inspire something new and fresh and terrifying. There are no superficial scares here; these are stories that will make you think even as they keep you on the edge of your seat. From bloody horror to supernatural creatures to unsettling, all-too-possible realism, this collection has something for any reader looking for a thrill.

Fans of TV’s The Walking Dead, True Blood, and American Horror Story will tear through tales by these talented authors:

Stefan Bachmann
Leigh Bardugo
Kendare Blake
A. G. Howard
Jay Kristoff
Marie Lu
Jonathan Maberry
Danielle Paige
Carrie Ryan
Megan Shepherd
Nova Ren Suma
McCormick Templeman
April Genevieve Tucholke
Cat Winters
@goodreads






I'm not going to sit here and give you the low down on every single story in this book. You can read that in all of the other reviews. I am going to talk about or leave the names and authors of some of my favorite ones.

The Bird Of Azalea Street by Nova Ren Suma

I loved this one right off the bat, it's actually the first story. It's about a creepy dude that does evil things to the birds and has a creepy, lustful fascination to the girls in the neighborhood. But. . . sometimes, karma man, karma.

 :

The next story I loved was actually the second story of the book.

In The Forest Dark And Deep by Carrie Ryan

This is about Cassidy and it's told in different time frames. When she is 7/8 and 17/18. She goes out into the woods across from her house one day and starts to see things. At one point there is a table with a tea party set up and a creepy arse March Hare standing in the woods. This story is freaky deeky and creepy as hell - at least to me - and I loved it! I mean, dude. This is dark and that March Hare has come some evilness plus.



Hide-And-Seek by Megan Shepherd

This a bizarre little story about Annie who has to outlast a certain amount of time or she will have to die or so says Crow Cullon. The race is on, who will win? I enjoyed this one too!

The Flicker, The Fingers, The Beat, The Sigh by April Genevieve Tucholke

This one is cray. These bunch of kids hit a girl on the road one night and decide to hide it. This is another one of those karma stories. Just don't do stupid things!

Sleepless by Jay Kristoff

This is about some perv who gets these girls through the internet. Then one day he picks the wrong girl and she puts him in his place. There is also some creepy stuff going on with his mom!

Stitches by A.G. Howard

This story is another wackadoo! I loved it, it's so freaking unbelievable. It involves . . . stitches!

Another thing I loved about these stories is at the bottom ending of each story, upside down, is written where the author got the idea. They are from books and movies.

I really enjoyed this slasher monster flick! Fin


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1773697781

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Slasher-Girls-Monster-Genevieve-Tucholke/dp/0147514088/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475713264&sr=8-1&keywords=slasher+girls+and+monster+boys

2 comments:

  1. These stories sound pretty good. I think I’ve been on a waiting list for this book for over a year. I might just have to buy it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. I hope you do too! I think I got mine when someone was having a sale or at bookoutlet. I can't remember :-)

      Delete