Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House... before its skeletons come back to haunt me. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


 :

I thought this book was pretty good. I thought the blurb sounded good when it mentioned Chloe seeing ghosts! I mean the first ghost she saw as a child would have freaked me clean out!!

Later on Chloe is 15 and in high school. She has a breakdown at school, or so they think, really she just saw a ghost that keeps melting his skin and looking all creepy! But this book is not what it seems at all!

Poor Chloe finally gets sent to the Lyle House for "special kids". She has no idea.


No one would say what was wrong with me. They had me talk to a bunch of doctors and they ran some tests, and I could tell they had a good idea what was wrong and just wouldn't say it. That meant it was bad.

This wasn't the first time I'd seen people who weren't really there. That's what Aunt Lauren had wanted to talk to me about after school. When I'd mentioned the dream, she'd remembered how I used to talk about people in our old basement. My parents figured it was my creative version of make-believe friends, inventing a whole cast of characters. Then those friends started terrifying me, so much that we'd moved.


There are a small cast of characters at the Lyle House. Derek, Simon, Tori, Rae, etc. Some of them have abilities like Chloe and some of them finally inform her of what she truly is and that they (the supernaturals) are in danger.

If your looking for a young adult, somewhat creepy book then you should pick this one up. I'm holding myself back from spoilers =) And I really want to continue on with the series to see what happens with these "special" kids. There are bad people out there that want to do them harm!


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1789426980

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Summoning-Kelley-Armstrong/dp/0061450545/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476992028&sr=8-1&keywords=the+summoning

No comments:

Post a Comment