Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:



5 STARS 



Leigh Bardugo broke my heart!





In this book, I came to love the characters even more. I just loved them!


Crooked Kingdom starts off with a bang, just right out there. The crew is in it from start to finish. In the first book, Six of Crows I was a little bored in the beginning and then it took off for me and I ended up loving it. This one I loved from the first paragraph. 

1. Kaz
2. Matthias
3. Wylan
4. Jesper
5. Inej
6. Nina
7. Kuwei


and the others here and there through-out the book are totally awesome!

One of the crew members is kidnapped by the evil, Van Eck, and they are trying to get them back. And of course, you know they do =)

At one point though, when they were talking about torturing said person, I cringed big time at what I thought they were getting ready to do, but they didn't do that particular thing. Leigh Bardugo sure did have me on the edge of my seat saying no, no, no, no!

I loved the little backstories about the group in this book. We get to find out certain things about their home life, what they went through. I loved getting to know Jesper's father in the book, he was a really nice old man that could be a tough cookie too. It even went into Jesper's life with his mom and what happened to her.

One of the saddest I read was of Wylan's life. I mean most of them had sad lives or something happen to them but just the things in Wylan's life was/is sad and just plain evil.

But this is one bad to the bone group of people that have each each others back through the whole story. At least as much as they can. They are so great at what they do! The ordinary things and even the magical things some of them can do. AMAZEBALLS! The high wire part and the walking dead, those were cool parts. I mean the whole book is awesome, you just have to read it! Accept for one part but I digress!

This book is bloody brilliant. I know I say that a lot but there is nothing I like more than to be able to say that about a book I just read!
EVEN THOUGH LEIGH BARDUGO BROKE MY HEART A LITTLE

GOODREADS REVIEW: 

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1377655082

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Crooked-Kingdom-Sequel-Six-Crows/dp/1627792139/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475442533&sr=8-1&keywords=crooked+kingdom

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Best Social Trading Network.

    Join 1,000,000's who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their orders automatically

    ReplyDelete