Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Photographs From The Edge by Art Wolfe

With more than 500,000 books sold, celebrated nature photographer Art Wolfe recounts the stories and techniques behind the images of his forty-year career around the world.

Legendary photographer Art Wolfe presents an intimate behind-the-scenes guide to the experiences, decisions, and methods that have influenced forty years of stunning images captured around the world. Wolfe and co-author Rob Sheppard transport readers on a global journey, while carrying on a dialog about photography, tools and process, world travel, close calls, and photographic opportunities both taken and missed. From the rich sights and smells of the Pushkar Camel Fair to the exact moment when a polar bear and her cubs leave their arctic den, Photographs from the Edge represents the instances when circumstance, light, and subject miraculously collide to form an iconic image.  Many of these photographs can never be duplicated as cultures and landscapes are transformed and wildlife diminishes or disappears all together. No matter his subject, Wolfe regales us with the stories behind the photographs and helps us experience life on the world's most unique photo safari. Photographs from the Edge is a lifetime of experience distilled into a rich photographic education. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


When I was younger I wanted to be a wildlife photographer and then an everything photographer. But, unfortunately I never went after my dreams and now that I'm home bound I'm not going to be doing it at all. I have taken many pictures over the years and some are quite good I might add. I still take pictures of some amazing things from inside the house. You would be amazed what you can catch through a window!

So, when I had the change to pick up this book I jumped at it because I love any books with beautiful photographs!

The author set this book up in different years.

1980's
1990's
2000's
2010's

He tells where the pictures where taken, the camera etc, a little story about the picture, and photo tips and the nature of the photo. I'm going to add several pictures for you all to see. There are many I loved and some not so much, but that's okay, we can't love every little thing!


 :

I think the above picture of this villager in Tibet, China is stunning. ↑

The next picture is of a Beluga Whale! Just beautiful
!

 :

 :

The reflection on the lake makes it even more stunning! ↑

Check out the hippo in the middle of all of those flamingo's! That's just crazy and awesome!


 :

I think these fighting bears are amazing! It's one of my favorite! If you could see how beautiful the actual picture is you would know what I mean!

 :

 :

 :

The hummingbirds are another one of my favorites because you don't see pictures of them every often. Well, not in real life in my experience. Although, we had tons of them to our feeders this year!

 :

 :

Like I said, I loved most of the pictures in the book and some a great deal. I really wish I could go out and take pictures like these! 


*I would like to thank Blogging For Books for a print copy of this book for my honest review.*

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1783581568

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Photographs-Edge-Photographers-Capturing-Extraordinary/dp/1607747812/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476383707&sr=8-1&keywords=photographs+from+the+edge

No comments:

Post a Comment