Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, October 31, 2016

Revival Volume Three: A Faraway Place by Tim Seeley + Mike Norton

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now the living and the recently returned struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy amidst political and religious conflicts. Officer Dana Cypress is hot on the trail of a man she believes may have murdered her sister Em, but Em herself is on a quest through the snowy woods to find the strange glowing creature that haunts a child.

Collects REVIVAL #12-17. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 




I am still loving these graphic novels. I guess I'm going to say that every time. I don't really understand all of what is going on or know enough to give a great review but I don't care, I love them anyway =)

There is all kinds of cray going on as usual. And I finally figured out what the white things in the woods are there for, there may be more too it later on but still.


 :

And Dana is in it of course and she's doing some under cover work with her jerk of an ex husband. NOT that kind of undercover work, the kind where your trying to figure out what's going on. Geez people =)

And Dana's son Cooper thinks Martha is a hero and a monster but in a good way, which he's right. One night she is watching Cooper and his little friend Jordan (she's a little girl that is a reviver like Martha) while Dana goes out on a date.

On the way to take Jordan home, Martha runs into some weirdness. Jordan keeps talking about hearing THEM. Well, THEM are the white things in the woods and they are telling Jordan she should never have came back from the dead. I'm guessing that's true, obviously right?

Jordan just wants to go with them but . . . Martha doesn't want her to do that.


 :

Jordan pops out Martha's eye and runs off. DON'T WORRY, the eye pops back in and Martha heals. All of the revivers can heal as far as I understand it.

Anyway, Martha doesn't stop, she will not let the white things get Jordan.


 :

I think after all is said and done, Martha should have let the white things take Jordan. Because Jordan goes off the deep end, cutting off her eyelids and freaking her parents out. Then they send her away. Sigh. . .

 :

I wonder where all of this is going? I wonder what they are going to do with Jordan at the place her parents took her?

I guess I will find out . . .


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1795890816

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1795890816

No comments:

Post a Comment