Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, August 22, 2016

Mortal Danger by Ann Aquirre

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn't imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She's not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, and he's impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly... bad things are happening. It's a heady rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turns from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil's bargains, she isn't sure who—or what--she can trust. Not even her own mind...
@goodread
s

MY REVIEW:

3 STARS 

Well, I got all three of the books in the trilogy from BookOutlet and I hope the others get better.

I liked the book and didn't like the book and I don't even know what to say. It was confusing here and there. Sigh. . .



Edie has been picked on by bullies at her school for so long that she is on the verge of killing herself when a hot boy named Kian stops her and gives her a way out. He will grant her three wishes but she has to return three wishes to the company he works for and she takes it. I mean, I don't know - I don't know if I would want to be branded and indebted to some random people. I would want three wishes though. I know what I would wish for, but this is Edie and her first wish is to be beautiful so she can get revenge on her bullies. WHAT? Beauty is NOT the way to life. Yeah, all of the a••hole guys like you and cheat on you, that's about all I get out of that crap!

But, seriously if she wanted to get back at her bullies she could have wished for self-confidence and then she would have had the strength to work out, to take martial arts, anything. Or she could have wished for a super power like Hulk Smash and just pulverized them, but I digress. That would have come in handy for my bullies in school!

There is insta-love and I really don't care about that, I have insta-love in my fantasies all of the time. I think it rocks. In some cases, not so much, but still.

So Kian works for Wedderburn, Mawer & Graf which sounds like some kind of attorneys but they are not and Wedderburn is some kind of freak thing that seems like he's up to no good. Okay, he is up to no good.

Then there is the rival gang . . er. . . peeps called, Dwyer & Fell. I'm guessing they are the real bad guys, who the hell knows at this point.

I did like Edie and Kian and I loved Vi and some other people in the book but I just wasn't totally feeling it. It sort of lagged here and there and some things just didn't get through to my head or something. I don't know. I only hope the next two books are good. I do love the covers though especially on the next two books with the cool purple and blue lipstick. Yes, I know, I'm crazy, it's been proven.

Anyway, I'm so happy for those that loved it to death. I wish I was one of those, but it wasn't to terrible for me to give it lower than three stars because I did like the characters and the idea that something weird is going on. We shall see.


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1734515494

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Danger-Immortal-Game-Aguirre/dp/1250064376/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471863702&sr=1-1&keywords=mortal+danger+in+books

No comments:

Post a Comment