Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, August 19, 2016

The Inquisition by Taran Matharu

A year has passed since the Tournament.

Fletcher and Ignatius have been locked away in Pelt’s dungeons, but now they must face a trial at the hands of the Inquisition, a powerful institution controlled by those who would delight in Fletcher’s downfall.

The trial is haunted by ghosts from the past with shocking revelations about Fletcher’s origins, but he has little time to dwell on them; the graduating students of Vocans are to be sent deep into the orc jungles to complete a dangerous mission for the king and his council. If they fail, the orcish armies will rise to power beyond anything the Empire has ever seen.

With loyal friends Othello and Sylva by his side, Fletcher must battle his way to the heart of Orcdom and save Hominum from destruction…or die trying. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:


5 STARS 

First off I think both books in this trilogy - so far - have beautiful covers. This one is even more beautiful with a cover that just pops!

 :

I loved this book more than the first one . . BUT . . . I was thinking for a little bit that I might not because after Fletcher being left in jail for a year, he got out and had to go through all of these stupid trials. They were unfair and they almost got him killed, but the good side prevailed and the people saw what was right in the testimonies.



Now Fletcher and his friends along with some of his enemies have to go and try to complete some tasks in the jungles for the king so the Orcs don't succeed in killing everyone.

Ignatius (Fletcher's little demon) is still with him and I love that little guy. Fletcher also gets another demon and she's a gryphowl named Athena, she's cool too but I don't love her as much as Ignatius. Not yet anyway.

Othello and Sylva are back along with some new characters. They all have to go out together in their little group and I think there were two other groups but it might have been three. They have to watch out for each other and things in the jungle and Orcs and . . . .

The thing I loved about this book is the large amount of creatures and what they call demons. They are things like wendigo's, manticore's, gryphowl - there are too many to name. But, the author did leave a list of a lot of them in the back of the book with their levels and a description about them.

At one point Fletcher rescues a gremlin named Blue from being killed and so he has the gremlins on his side.

You know I wish they would make a graphic novel of this trilogy or something because I want to see all of these creatures! I think it would make an awesome book, but I digress.

The book ended on a cliffhanger but it didn't really bother me which is weird because I usually hate cliffhangers. I guess it was a good enough one not to drive me crazier than I am.

If you loved the first book or liked it I would suggest giving this one a try because it's even better. You may love it, you may hate it but that is for you to decide! =)


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1605804339

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Inquisition-Summoner-Book-Two-Trilogy/dp/1250076315/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471629514&sr=1-1&keywords=the+inquisition+in+books

No comments:

Post a Comment