Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, August 15, 2016

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has... @goodreads


MY REVIEW:


4 STARS 

I felt sorry for Annith for a good part of the book. All she wanted was to go out and do her duty and serve Death (Mortain) but she has been kept at the convent. She can't understand why, as the best assassin they have, that she is being kept and not sent out on missions. Yeah, I never saw that reason coming, not for a long shot.

 :

Annith misses Ismae and Sybella from the first two books so much and she can't understand why she is still at the convent and not helping them. I already said that, but still. She's just really sad and down on herself.

I cannot help it--I laugh. "You think you can best me?"
She lifts one shoulder. "I think I would like to know if I could or could not."
At her words, my smile wobbles and it is all I can do to keep from throwing my knife down in defeat. Even this child thinks I am not longer a match for her. I carefully avoid looking out at the ocean, just beyond the trees. It is too painful a reminder that both Ismae and Sybella have been sent places I have not, have begun to fulfill their destinies while I am stuck here playing nursemaid to a gaggle of budding assassins.


When Annith learns of what the abbess wants her to become she decides to set out on her own. She runs into some interesting people on the way to her destination. One would be the hellequins <--- I hope I spelled that right. They are immortals that basically go around and get lost souls to cross over and they are a rough bunch. They are trying to redeem themselves of bad things they had done in their past lives.

Annith meets Balthazaar, the leader of the hellequins and they have some chemistry. I thought he was hot, just sayin.

Then Annith gets some things into her head and runs away and ends up meeting a group of warrior women called the Arduinnites. They were really nice to her but they brought some really sad news to Annith and now she is on a mission to kill.

Annith finally makes it to Sybella and Ismae, she tells them of some things she thinks is peculiar in the covent. Something is up with the abbess and it's more than I would have thought. That was a pretty deep revelation when I got to it.

And in this book we also find out more about Mortain and who he really is and OMG, I loved it! It was one of those holy crow moments that everyone else probably figured out but me!

Either way, I enjoyed all of the books in this trilogy! How often do you read about bad to the bone butt kicking nuns that will take you out?


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1728230962

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Heart-Fair-Assassin-Trilogy/dp/0547628404/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1471307469&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment