Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, March 28, 2015

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

First Grave on the Right is the smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper.

Charley sees dead people. That's right, she sees dead people. And it's her job to convince them to "go into the light." But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e., murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she's been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

This is a thrilling debut novel from Darynda Jones, an exciting newcomer to the world of paranormal romantic suspense.



First Grave on the Right is the winner of the 2012 Rita Award for Best First Book. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1234879323


Read from March 23 to 28, 2015

I am so glad one of my book groups got me interested in reading this book! I am now going to get all of them that are out so far! Charlie Davidson is freaking hilarious! When I read she woke up at the butt crack of dawn, I almost keeled over! I have said that for many years :)

She is so snarky, I love it! And Reyes! Holy crow, that is one yummy ride right there. It's a shame when you find out what he is. I hope to read more about him in the other books and I hope it works out.

I just thought it was awesome how all of these spirits just wander around her apartment. I love the banter she has with them. She even has a dirty old man ghost down the hall! It's just great. She is the grim reaper but still, these ghosts and her relationships with them are hilarious! Mr. Wong who just hangs out in the corner, it would be awesome to have peeps, er, ghosts to hang out with you like that. Ok, not the pervs etc :)

It's great that she has been helping her Uncle Bob out with solving murders etc. I love the relationship between those two. Her father believes in her too, but I feel her Uncle does a little bit more.

At any rate, I loved it and I'm ready to get them all to keep me in stitches, in ghosts, and solving crime. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment