Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, March 20, 2015

Jack Torrance’s new job at the Overlook Hotel is the perfect chance for a fresh start. As the off-season caretaker at the atmospheric old hotel, he’ll have plenty of time to spend reconnecting with his family and working on his writing. But as the harsh winter weather sets in, the idyllic location feels ever more remote . . . and more sinister. And the only one to notice the strange and terrible forces gathering around the Overlook is Danny Torrance, a uniquely gifted five-year-old.

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1215014596

Read from March 01 to 20, 2015

I'm not sure why I only saw the movie and never read the book. I loved the movie so much it makes no sense, but back in the day, not many things make sense to me.

I will have to go back and watch the movie again to see all of the different little changes. Now I know why some things happened. You know those things, the little things that are only in the head, written in the book, but doesn't show up in the movie part. Wow! I know the book messed with my head but I didn't realize it would make me write that way! I hope anyone reading this can understand what I meant.

I don't like to write spoilers about a book if I can help it so I guess this will be a short review.

There are so many questions I have about the book versus the movie but I will have to leave that to the book group.

I really did enjoy the book, although I did feel a bit crazier than I am at times with all of the voices in everyone's head! :)

I didn't want one of the bad things that happened in the movie to NOT happen in the book. I didn't want to read that part and lo and behold, it didn't happen! Yay!

The ending in the book was a lot better than the movie. Once again, I really did enjoy this book and look forward to reading and re-reading more of the golden oldies! 4 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment