Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, March 23, 2015

Doll Face by Tim Curran

Six friends are returning home from a night out when they end up in a town called Stokes. They discover they are trapped there, as Stokes does not really exist. The actual town had burned to the ground more than fifty years ago. The Stokes they are in is a nightmare version of the former town, engineered by a deranged and undead mind, a supernatural machine of wrath that will destroy them one by one....unless they submit to its dominance and become living dolls.

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1235006104

Read on March 23, 2015

I would like to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for allowing me to read this book.

I could not put this book down after starting it this morning. I need serious eye rest! But I loved it. I wasn't aware it was going to be so creepy. There is a good bit of gore, but the creepfest pulled me right into the book.

A group of friends are trying to get home and they take a short cut, never take short cuts people! Not far off the route Chazz hits a man that walks out into the road. They all freak out, some want them to just drive away but his girl friend, Ramona wants them to call 911. They end up following Ramona's lead, with a lot of complaining from Chazz, only the operator says they are in a town that doesn't exist any more. What? Stokes was burned in 1960, it doesn't exist any more.

And there is something really strange about the man they ran over. He's up walking, but he's just not right!

I won't give out any spoilers, just say Chazz, Ramona, Creep, Lex, Danielle and Soo-Lee are in for the scare of their lives. How many will make it out alive? :)

The book reminded me of some scenes from Silent Hill. It's totally creepy and when you find out the end there is always some crazy reason for all of the chaos.

I recommend to all horror buffs. 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment