Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart...

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...
@goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1345967616

I don't even know what to say about this book :( I put off reading it for a very long time. I didn't want the series to end, but all things must come to an end at some point.

I'm going to miss all of these characters so much. It seems like so many were crammed into this one as I guess a good-bye to each one. I felt like I didn't get enough of them. I felt like they were just taken from me too quickly.

I will miss Sookie and all of the characters. I'm not even sure how to rate this book because I didn't think it was as good as the other books, but I still love the characters. All of the previous books were set up with such strong feelings, desires, love, lust, and a whole lot of crazy. There was a little crazy in this book, but it just didn't feel the same. I'm not really sure how you would end a series as full of strong characters like these.

I wasn't very fond of Sam in this book. I know how it was explained that he didn't feel like himself, but he seemed like a big dork to me. That's not the Sam I remember.

Part of me wanted it to be a wacked out crazy fantasy ending where Sookie has all the supernaturals as her boyfriends :) She would be Sookie the Super Slut! But, I digress.

The ending did go out nice and sweet and I guess I'm glad for that, but I just feel bummed about the whole thing.
 

3 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment