Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, July 3, 2015

Saturn Run by John Sandford and CTEIN

An extraordinary new thriller of the future from #1 New York Times –bestselling and Pulitzer Prize–winning author John Sandford and internationally known photo-artist and science fiction aficionado Ctein.

Over the course of thirty-seven books, John Sandford has proven time and again his unmatchable talents for electrifying plots, rich characters, sly wit, and razor-sharp dialogue. Now, in collaboration with Ctein, he proves it all once more, in a stunning new thriller, a story as audacious as it is deeply satisfying.

The year is 2066. A Caltech intern inadvertently notices an anomaly from a space telescope—something is approaching Saturn, and decelerating. Space objects don’t decelerate. Spaceships do.

A flurry of top-level government meetings produces the inescapable conclusion: Whatever built that ship is at least one hundred years ahead in hard and soft technology, and whoever can get their hands on it exclusively and bring it back will have an advantage so large, no other nation can compete. A conclusion the Chinese definitely agree with when they find out.

The race is on, and an remarkable adventure begins—an epic tale of courage, treachery, resourcefulness, secrets, surprises, and astonishing human and technological discovery, as the members of a hastily thrown-together crew find their strength and wits tested against adversaries both of this earth and beyond. What happens is nothing like you expect—and everything you could want from one of the world’s greatest masters of suspense. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1320623945

This book wasn't entirely a book for me. I was thinking it was going to be a whole different story about astronauts going to find this space ship and making some kind of contact with aliens. They do go and find the space ship, but that is all I'm going to say, no spoilers.

It took me a little bit to get into the book. There were a lot of slow parts for me, but this is because I'm not really into all of the technical stuff that confuse my small brain. I think this is a very good book for those die hard science fiction fans that love that kind of detail and can understand it.

There are many characters in the book and they all have detailed stories of their lives and what they bring to the mission. There are some that stick in my mind more than others.

I was thinking about giving this book 3 stars for not being able to get into a lot of the detailed stuff as I mentioned before. After reading the book, I found there were several areas that I really enjoyed, I would say the most exciting for me was the ship finally making it to Saturn and the descriptions of all that you could see.

I wasn't too thrilled with all of the fighting with the Chinese on who is getting to the space ship first and all that conspired afterward.

After reading the author's note I can see why this book was written in this format and I appreciate all of the information that he gave about these particular things. It also made me thing about the book more and change my view on my rating. Sometimes you just need someone telling things to you in a different light for you to see where they were going and I think all of the hard work put into the book deserves a better rating.

I do wish I had better brain cells to enjoy the book more, but I like I said before I enjoyed the parts I could understand.

I recommend for all of you hardcore sci fi fans, but if your looking for people going out to meet some aliens, you probably won't enjoy the book.


**I would like to thank Netgalley and Penguin Group for giving me a free kindle copy of this ARC for my honest review.**   4 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment