Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, July 5, 2015

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE. @ goodreads


MY REVIEW:


https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/839292803

OMG! I just....OMG! The ending of this book reminds me of something I have read before, but I can not think of what the book was called!!

I thought this was just going to be a quick read about some kids and their families....well.... it is about that, but there is so much more going on here!

I couldn't get into any of the characters. They weren't bad, I just didn't connect with anyone in the book. There are a great many characters when you add the families, kids, grandparents, etc.

You have the main characters, Cad, Johnny, Mirren, and Gat. They were the older children. The ones that have known each other most of their lives. They thought they were going to do something good, but.... they so did not.

Cad has some kind of trauma while they were vacationing with the families at the big house at grandpa and grandma's house. The families come together every summer at Beechwood Island to have a great time together. But this time is different. Something happens. What is it? What happened to Cad? Why won't anyone tell her?

This ending just BLEW me away!! I was going to give this book 3 stars but the end brought it up to a solid 4 stars. I can see what all the hype was about now. It wasn't the entire book itself, although the author did a great job in writing it the way she did... it was the end that made all of the hype worth it in my opinion!

This is a quick read and if you haven't read it and want to pick it up at the library or something I would recommend you do it just to read the ending. I'm guessing Cad probably wishes she never remembered what happened!

Fin  


4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment