Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  14,687 ratings  ·  2,230 reviews In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.


Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.

Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Heir: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, firstborn son Magnus begins to realise that the heart can be more lethal than the sword.... @goodreads



MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1321092705

I have to mention first that I love the cover of this book! :)

I'm just going to go ahead and get this out of the way, there are some characters in the book that I really liked that were killed. I have a feeling I probably shouldn't like too many characters that have made it to the next book, or they might die as well!

The main characters are Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus. They are all from different kingdoms. And they probably all could be friends if their fathers, the Kings, weren't jerks.

I'm not too sure how I feel about Cleo. The way she just "let" a death happen in the beginning of the book. I do believe she could have stopped this death if she wasn't so ignorant and let the jerk Aron do what he did. And now that I think about it, her stupidity caused a death of someone I really liked later on in the book! Ok, I don't like Cleo. Her hearts in the right place, but she's stupid. I'm hoping she wakes up in the next book.

I liked Lucia and Magnus in the beginning. They have a sad and weird relationship. I'm not too sure about Lucia at the end because of the things she did, but she is an innocent girl that just seems too naive, so we shall see in the next book.

Jonas I just feel sorry for because of a lot of different reasons. I hope he can find some kind of peace in the next book. He seems like he's going to be a major player in the coming books, or die. Anyway, he started using his brain toward the end of the book when he lets go of the revenge factor.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the Kindred and The Sanctuary! That is an interesting story from the little we get to read about it.

I have the other books in the series up to the new one that I need to pre-order. I look forward to reading them all :)
   4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment