Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, July 17, 2015

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavendar by Leslye Walton

Magical realism, lyrical prose, and the pain and passion of human love haunt this hypnotic generational saga.

Foolish love appears to be the Roux family birthright, an ominous forecast for its most recent progeny, Ava Lavender. Ava—in all other ways a normal girl—is born with the wings of a bird.

In a quest to understand her peculiar disposition and a growing desire to fit in with her peers, sixteen-year old Ava ventures into the wider world, ill-prepared for what she might discover and naïve to the twisted motives of others. Others like the pious Nathaniel Sorrows, who mistakes Ava for an angel and whose obsession with her grows until the night of the Summer Solstice celebration.

That night, the skies open up, rain and feathers fill the air, and Ava’s quest and her family’s saga build to a devastating crescendo.

First-time author Leslye Walton has constructed a layered and unforgettable mythology of what it means to be born with hearts that are tragically, exquisitely human. @goodreads



MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1332847890

When I first starting this book I was enthralled when Ava was born ,but then it started going into her past with her grandmother etc. and I wasn't so sure I was going to like it.

I just wanted to read about Ava. But.. after awhile it started to grow on me. I started to feel for these women that had so many sorrows in one family. I loved and hated each and every story if that makes sense.

I felt so bad for Ava and Henry being hidden from the world. Yes, Ava had some friends, the one that supposed to be her best friend is the one I could not stand! She really wasn't that nice of a person.

Ava's brother Henry has issues and he seemed like he was Autistic but I guess they didn't know about those things back then. I'm glad he had a good friend in his dog and in Gabe.

I am so disgusted at what happened to Ava. I wanted to shoot the jerk! No, spoilers.

I loved the way the author wrote the book. It was almost like a lyrical book in ways.

The ending of the book was so beautiful! I just loved it! I really wish I could have read more about Ava, but I think that ending was too perfect to add anything else! 
4 Stars 




No comments:

Post a Comment