Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Grca badge winner
The #1 New York Times–bestselling sequel to A Discovery of Witches is as “enchanting, engrossing, and as impossible to put down as its predecessor” (Miami Herald) J. K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Anne Rice—only a few writers capture the imagination the way that Deborah Harkness has done with books one and two of her New York Times–bestselling All Souls trilogy. A Discovery of Witches introduced reluctant witch and Oxford scholar Diana Bishop, vampire geneticist Matthew Clairmont, and the battle for a lost, enchanted manuscript known as Ashmole 782.            Harkness’s much-anticipated sequel, Shadow of Night, picks up from A Discovery of Witches’ cliffhanger ending. Diana and Matthew time-travel to Elizabethan London and are plunged into a world of spies, magic, and a coterie of Matthew’s old friends, the School of Night. As the search for Ashmole 782 deepens and Diana searches for a witch to tutor her in magic, the net of Matthew’s past tightens around them, and they embark on a very different—and vastly more dangerous—journey. @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1309885310
 
I'm not even sure where to begin. I didn't like this book as much as the first one. I loved the first one! I'm not sure what happened... my mood..the book itself. I do believe the last book in the trilogy will be as good as the first and I can't wait to read it.

There were so many people in this book, but the author listed in the back of the book who everyone was in case you got lost. Some of the things seemed to drag on but I can see where the author needed to add so much information. I didn't mind that one in the first one, but I still can't put my finger on what went wrong with this book.

On that note, I did love a lot of the book. I loved the ending the most!! I don't want to add a spoiler but I am so excited to see what's going to come of this new predicament!

I enjoyed meeting Diana and Matthew's fathers in this book. That was a mild spoiler, but your going back to the past so what do you expect :)

Diana learns some different things about herself and Matthew for that matter. I absolutely loved her firedrake!

They didn't really get what they set out to do, but they did learn a lot of things.

I loved that Diana didn't really put up with much of anyone's crap in the book. Matthew on the other hand was different. He wasn't a force to be reckoned with, he was just there. I'm not sure if it was the time, his father, or what, but he came to his senses as the book got closer to the end.

I sooooo wish I could mention the end but I know there are some people that haven't read it so I will keep that to myself :)

I would rate this book on my feelings right now as a 3.5. It makes me feel like I'm letting Diana and Matthew down. Yes, I get into my characters! Don't judge me :)

I look forward to The Book of Life!


 photo Signature_zpsuuzsi0pt.jpg

  3.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment